When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai PAM 88 (lots of mods: Swiss ETA Valjoux 7754 with working GMT, 2Geek DW, lumed dial/hands...)

Guest Daytona1984

Guest Daytona1984

Here are some pics of my Panerai PAM 88 with the following features:

Ultimate Case re-milled for perfect fitment with CG by Domi

Ultimate Crystal

Swiss ETA Valjoux 7754 with working GMT (no sunken date wheel)

rotor with ETA bearing

2Geek datewheel

dial lumed by Hijack

hands lumed by Hijack

cannon pin flattend and polished by Domi

T48 crown

TB crown guard

CG pin flattend and rhodium, modded by Hijack and Domi

DSN caseback

Taikonaut strap

gen deployant buckle

This watch was built by my friend and great watchmaker Domi :)

I hope you enjoy the pics and I welcome all comments :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Absolute top of the rack stuff! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I've seen some work Domi's done on IWCs, especially the ones done for Concepta, the guy is an artist extraordinaire.

It's nice to see he's willing to apply some of his magic on Pams too.

Enjoy it, IMO it's worth every penny invested in it.

i have two genuine swiss valjoux 7754.

one and half year ago my watchmaker checked all possibilities to swap the asia 7750b1 with the 7754.

he had to use the upper distance ring from the asia7750b1 movt and to install it on the gen 7754

to get the same asia7750b1 movement tallness that the gen movt can fit in the 088 case.

the only problem on this project is,

all swiss 7754 hand-grear-posts are too short, they have only the standard length of H1.

and the master watchmaker chief of eta switzerland told me, there are no longer hand gear posts for the valjoux movements available, never built.

normally the dial sits direct on the movement, but with the asia 7750b1 there is another situation, this movement has on top the distance-ring.

that means, with this distance-ring on the gen one, the dial sits not direct on the 7754, it sits with more distance on the swiss 7754.

that means further, the swiss hand-gear-posts look though the dial only a little part,

that means, the 088 hands cannot fit on the swiss gear-hand-posts.

only the small second hand can get a reworking with a longer hand-tube, but not the other main hands.

for the long minute hand you can build a cap, that the hole on the minute hand will be closed.

but the minute hand, hour hand and the gmt hand would not fit on the main hand-gear-posts.

on your pictures the hands look, that they sit too near on the dial and between the hands are not enough space.

it is not the gen like space between the hands.

but if you used all asia hand-gears with the longer asia posts, then you have not a real swiss movement,

then you have a asia / swiss movement with the bad precision.

you also could keep the asia movement without this annoying work.

all these procedures did mywatchmaker for me and the result wasn't gratifying and fertile.

i'm waiting for a new upgrade 088 case type, that a 7754 would be fit without a complication like that.

note: see the three images of the genuine pam 088, and see the space between the hands and to the dial how it should be !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rolli

post-2837-12746295665_thumb.jpg post-2837-127462955285_thumb.jpg post-2837-127462954308_thumb.jpg

Guest Daytona1984

hey,

thanks for your long comment. i noticed that the space between my hands is closer then the space of the gen pam 88.

i think it is im possible to built a 1:1 rep, otherwise it would be a gen :)

but i rather have a swiss eta 7754 with a working gmt in my watch (which is reliable) then a ticking time bomb like a asia 7750 with a non working gmt. i think this is worht it, having a smaller space between the hands :)

i will visit my watchmaker this week and ask him if he is able to fix this issue. i will keep you posted.

thanks again.

best,

dom

i have two genuine swiss valjoux 7754.

one and half year ago my watchmaker checked all possibilities to swap the asia 7750b1 with the 7754.

he had to use the upper distance ring from the asia7750b1 movt and to install it on the gen 7754

to get the same asia7750b1 movement tallness that the gen movt can fit in the 088 case.

the only problem on this project is,

all swiss 7754 hand-grear-posts are too short, they have only the standard length of H1.

and the master watchmaker chief of eta switzerland told me, there are no longer hand gear posts for the valjoux movements available, never built.

normally the dial sits direct on the movement, but with the asia 7750b1 there is another situation, this movement has on top the distance-ring.

that means, with this distance-ring on the gen one, the dial sits not direct on the 7754, it sits with more distance on the swiss 7754.

that means further, the swiss hand-gear-posts look though the dial only a little part,

that means, the 088 hands cannot fit on the swiss gear-hand-posts.

only the small second hand can get a reworking with a longer hand-tube, but not the other main hands.

for the long minute hand you can build a cap, that the hole on the minute hand will be closed.

but the minute hand, hour hand and the gmt hand would not fit on the main hand-gear-posts.

on your pictures the hands look, that they sit too near on the dial and between the hands are not enough space.

it is not the gen like space between the hands.

but if you used all asia hand-gears with the longer asia posts, then you have not a real swiss movement,

then you have a asia / swiss movement with the bad precision.

you also could keep the asia movement without this annoying work.

all these procedures did mywatchmaker for me and the result wasn't gratifying and fertile.

i'm waiting for a new upgrade 088 case type, that a 7754 would be fit without a complication like that.

note: see the three images of the genuine pam 088, and see the space between the hands and to the dial how it should be !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rolli

post-2837-12746295665_thumb.jpg post-2837-127462955285_thumb.jpg post-2837-127462954308_thumb.jpg

Edited by Daytona1984

hi dom,

it is not fixable the hand to hand distance problem in your 088.

that's why the inside measurement is too deep of all the gmt case types like the 088 model .

that's why the gen movement need the asia distance ring on top,

and that's why the hands sits too near at the dial.

your watchmaker had to grind down the main hand-tubes, so he could install them but very near together and on the dial.

you have to wait for an upgrade case type, 088 upgrade model with an 1:1 asia 7754 clone.

rolli

hey,

thanks for your long comment. i noticed that the space between my hands is closer then the space of the gen pam 88.

i think it is im possible to built a 1:1 rep, otherwise it would be a gen :)

but i rather have a swiss eta 7754 with a working gmt in my watch (which is reliable) then a ticking time bomb like a asia 7750 with a non working gmt. i think this is worht it, having a smaller space between the hands :)

i will visit my watchmaker this week and ask him if he is able to fix this issue. i will keep you posted.

thanks again.

best,

dom

Guest Daytona1984

mmhhh, that are bad news...

please keep me posted.

best,

dom

hi dom,

it is not fixable the hand to hand distance problem in your 088.

that's why the inside measurement is too deep of all the gmt case types like the 088 model .

that's why the gen movement need the asia distance ring on top,

and that's why the hands sits too near at the dial.

your watchmaker had to grind down the main hand-tubes, so he could install them but very near together and on the dial.

you have to wait for an upgrade case type, 088 upgrade model with an 1:1 asia 7754 clone.

rolli

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats, that's an absolutely stunning watch :)

Where did you get the 7754 datewheel? Is it the same as 7750?

And is the dial coming from the Cartel Ultimate version?

:)

Very nice work from Domi, he's really the best in Europe :)

He just modded an Anonimo Millemetri for me, and it is perfect!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Daytona1984

hey buddy,

sorry for the late response...

as far as i know the 7754 dw's have the same size as the 7750 dw's. i used the taka dw from 2geek which is built for any 7750's.

yes, the dial is from the ultimate cartel version :)

best,

dom

ps: indeed, domi is the best :)

Congrats, that's an absolutely stunning watch :)

Where did you get the 7754 datewheel? Is it the same as 7750?

And is the dial coming from the Cartel Ultimate version?

:)

Very nice work from Domi, he's really the best in Europe :)

He just modded an Anonimo Millemetri for me, and it is perfect!

• 1 year later...

I have bought a few DWs off Taka.... and just for those out there thinking of doing so...

Domi found that 2 of them didnt fit the window... the fonts were misaligned regardless of the movement (Domi tried a few on other watches he had)... I did of course try PMing Taka on RWI on several occasions but never had a response to any of them...

Others I have bought did fit no problem :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...