When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SOH-Chrono V1 vs V2

Panther917

I've been looking to get a SOHC and my dealer asked if I wanted version 1 or 2? I wasnt aware that there were 2 versions of the SOHC. I know the differences and have seen the great thread on the comparison on the v1 vs v2 SOH but haven't seen anything comparing the SOHC versions. Any of you Breitling pros out there willing to give me a quick run down and option on which is the one to have?

Thanks in advance,

-Murph

Thanks Mickey....That just what I needed to know. I have a couple of V2 SOHs - 1 with mesh and 1 with OR as well as the gen pro diver rubber but can't wait to see the SOHc, which is, in my opinion, one of the best looking dials on a chrono I've seen (in pics of course...ha!)

I have spent probably waaaaaaayyyyyyy too much time in ADs scrutinizing the SOHC and then virtually running to my car to compare my bronze SOHC with the images in my memory. The V2 is truly flawless, see my pics in this forum of my bronze on the gen mesh I picked up. One thing I can tell you is that looking at the pics on Andrews site of the Hublot factory version, the subdials look much darker than they really are. That being said the actual subdial color on the bronze matches the gen perfectly as does the dial color. The only things that I have found so far are minor; while the datefont is correct on the V2 the date fills the window just a little too much. The only other one is that the lume dots on the rep are a pure white while on the gen they are a light C3 green. Don't pay any attention to the review that says the lug horns on the rep are too sharp, they are just at sharp on the gen. Anyway, if you want to get any more details on my comparisons (as if there can be more, sorry) just contact me.

I have spent probably waaaaaaayyyyyyy too much time in ADs scrutinizing the SOHC and then virtually running to my car to compare my bronze SOHC with the images in my memory. The V2 is truly flawless, see my pics in this forum of my bronze on the gen mesh I picked up. One thing I can tell you is that looking at the pics on Andrews site of the Hublot factory version, the subdials look much darker than they really are. That being said the actual subdial color on the bronze matches the gen perfectly as does the dial color. The only things that I have found so far are minor; while the datefont is correct on the V2 the date fills the window just a little too much. The only other one is that the lume dots on the rep are a pure white while on the gen they are a light C3 green. Don't pay any attention to the review that says the lug horns on the rep are too sharp, they are just at sharp on the gen. Anyway, if you want to get any more details on my comparisons (as if there can be more, sorry) just contact me.

Thanks veja, for your take on the V2 vs the gen. I just just picture you going in to the AD and then back out the car, etc....ha! Hilarious....The things we do in the name of the hobby......ha! I just wish I had thought ot if....I remember seeing your thread pics of your bronze on the mesh and thinking that was a very classy piece.

Does anyone know if there has been a full review on the SOHC V1 vs V2 vs Gen like there is for the SOH?

I haven't seen a full review - it could be worth doing one when you get yours? ;) lol :D

Can anyone confirm if the Hublot factory mentioned above is also the Noobmariner factory? I'm sure I recall one of the dealers (Trusty, I think) telling me that the SOH was made in the noobmariner factory...

Either way, I think the SOH and SOHC are comparable in quality, from what I can tell :)

I haven't seen a full review - it could be worth doing one when you get yours? ;) lol :D

Can anyone confirm if the Hublot factory mentioned above is also the Noobmariner factory? I'm sure I recall one of the dealers (Trusty, I think) telling me that the SOH was made in the noobmariner factory...

Either way, I think the SOH and SOHC are comparable in quality, from what I can tell :)

Not sure I am qualified to do a full blown review.....:shock: but I will be sure to post some pics. I think I am also going to buy a couple of Quartz versions and see how they look on the wrist....I know, I know, quartz.....but I'm curious. Also planning to try to order another SOH black in whatever version is available just to compare to my V2 in person.

I will try to update this thread with a link to my review if/when I can get the watches and get some good pics.

There are 3 versions.

V1: lume dots at 15, 30, 45, 60 - bad datefont - low beat movement = crap, stay away

V2: much better, refined dial, but can be still spotted at the blobby , uncentered lume, and the A173XX caseback

V3: Dial AR application is near perfect, caseback corrected, awesome AR and OR strap = THE WAY TO GO!