When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HBB SS Francisco modded...

anics

Hi guys

So a few weeks ago I asked Francisco to install the new Hublot Date Wheel into my old SS BB, along with moding the rotor and fixing a broken chronograph.

He did a great job and I am over the moon.

I should also mention that whilst moding the rotor we noticed that it was one of the printed rotors with the bold font. To cut a long story short Francisco made some decals up and replaced the "H" stamp on the bridge as well as the text on the rotor...

Have a look at the pics of the new date wheel and decals!

New date wheel installed from 2 Geeks...

post-18710-127497151902_thumb.jpg

Rotor moded. Regulator fitted etc...

post-18710-12749715625_thumb.jpg

That is not an engraved rotor. That is a decal!

post-18710-127497160535_thumb.jpg

Like I said, I'm over the moon. So much so that I'll be getting the same done to my Ice bang.

Thanks for looking

A

Congratulations anics! Really nice looking piece. Im expecting a Francisco modded HBB in sometime soon so your post will keep me going until its here :thumbsupsmileyanim: Just one thing I noticed: In your first photo (the head on of the dial)....the right hand screw on the "lug" (I think they are the screws that hold the strap).....well the right hand one looks sunken in more than the others......(just an observation)......

Have you got yourself a TX crystal? ;)

You definetly need a TX crystal to finish that off

question; did he replace the entire rotor or just the text? I see that the rotor lock nut is properly rotated and countersunk... something not possible when doing the mod on a standard V1 rotor. Or is he now machining the rotor to do a proper mod?

OSRep - sharp eyes, it was sunk, indeed (it was actually threaded) It has since been replaced (got the part from Mary @ watchinternational) - good spot though...

Re the rotor - same rotor as it came with, I believe he is machining them now:)

TX crystal? Really?

I'm thinking about it but I have to say that the out of all the gen's I've handled I never noticed the raised crystal?

But, maybe I'll have a look around and a re-think...

Thanks guys

A

OSRep - sharp eyes, it was sunk, indeed (it was actually threaded) It has since been replaced (got the part from Mary @ watchinternational) - good spot though...

Awesome!! :thumbsupsmileyanim: Enjoy your beautiful Big Bang.

I'm thinking about it but I have to say that the out of all the gen's I've handled I never noticed the raised crystal?

I was looking at a few Big Bangs today......and they didnt look as raised as I expected them to be... :g: Maybe its just the close ups of the photos that show the difference between the TX and 2geek/factory crystal. Photos of the gens that TX posted all seem to be raised.....

No more TX crystals...

:(

No fair...

A

Yeah he sold out quick! I actually decided to go for it when he had only 7 left (and that was on Monday).......Whenever I take my time to decide on going for something and I miss out on it, then I tell myself "you snooze, you lose" :(

ya, he is machining them, I asked him :) I was thinking of doing this too and I just got another rotor to test it out on. I will use a dremel though so lets hope I have a steady hand...

What are you guys talking about here? Machining the rotor? :g:

He countersinks the area where the locknut goes so that it can be properly turned and locked... the easy way is to just glue it in place, but then if yo ulook at it you can see that it's not properly locked. It's just one more step closer to perfection

He countersinks the area where the locknut goes so that it can be properly turned and locked... the easy way is to just glue it in place, but then if yo ulook at it you can see that it's not properly locked. It's just one more step closer to perfection

yes, I am machining now the rotor, as the gen.

However, glued bolts are very difficult to spot.... only rep geeks can identify them, if they are trained...

regards,

Francisco

Yup I know, I have one that you have modded ;) I just didnt understand this "machining" of the rotor?

the machining consists of making a circular gap in the rotor, then the bolt can rotate a bit under the bearing. This is difficult to explain. You can have a look to this tuto where it is shown how a tool is employed to rotate the bolt under the bearing: