When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Value of Gen 6694 with papers

gtanak

Looking for opinions on the current value of a 1976 6694 Gen with papers from AD and serviced 4 yrs ago at rolex center. Its a silver hands black dial Rolex Precision. Condition is about 85-90%, inside mvmt is clean and no rust. Case back inside is marked 6694 and the usual.. TIA

Not actual pic, just for reference.

top-one@12.jpg

I've been trawling the bay for a 6694 with papers or a complete set but its soo rare. There are some for just under a grand but its with touchup, refinished dials, new bracelets, crystal or crown and no papers etc. Does anyone know if a rolex authenticity verification at the svc center can also tell me if the dial is refinished or parts are original or changed? Thanks for replies BT and Fred

Keep in mind that small watches are extremely tough to sell these days (even the complete packages). Just ask any preowned reseller and they'll all say the same thing. Not just Rolex... same thing with vintage small Omegas, Ebels, Breitlings, Heuers, etc. etc. it's Christmas for small watch lovers... great watches for great prices.

Freddy might be correct with this value estimation... in PRINCIPLE. But getting $2.3K for a Precision in the watch forum sales section is simply impossible... especially when you can get a good Explorer II for under $3K. Realistic market value for Precision is much lower, imho.

PS: I've seen the mocked ones going for $700 - $800 at TZ. With a quick search I found this for $1080. Of course you're right... the condition is always compromised with these, but it's still the same small watch which most WIS types simply don't want. That is your advantage as a buyer... don't pay too much.

Keep in mind that small watches are extremely tough to sell these days (even the complete packages). Just ask any preowned reseller and they'll all say the same thing. Not just Rolex... same thing with vintage Omega, Ebel, Breitling, Heuer, etc. etc. it's Christmas for small watch lovers... great watches for great prices.

Freddy might be correct with this value estimation... in PRINCIPLE. But getting $2.3K for a Precision in the watch forum sales section is simply impossible... especially when you can get a good Explorer II for under $3K. Realistic market value for Precision is much lower, imho.

PS: I've seen the mocked ones going for $700 - $800 at TZ. With a quick search I found this for $1080. Of course you're right... the condition is always compromised with these, but it's still the same small watch which most WIS types simply don't want. That is your advantage as a buyer... don't pay too much.

I totally get what you mean.. for some reason everybody's wrists grew bigger and maybe for that reason, bigger watches are in favour now.. I've always fancied a 6694 for its vintagey, clean dial look. Only question is whether paying $300 more for the paper is worth it?

i too have been loooking at 6694 and it's dateless counterpart, the 6426 on the bay and TZ. they range quite a bit in price, but I have yet to see one with papers. you can get paperless ones for under a grand, and the one like you show here can go upwards of 2-3k. don't know why there is such a variability in the price. i nearly purchased a 6694 last week, but decided against it. it was 1300 off TZ. no papers.

I am in the process of getting a 6694 rep off Silix instead. I already have a vintage gen 6466. But that one is for my daughter when she grows up to appreciate it.

- Yeah, but i'll definitely send it in for a auth check at the local servicing center... can't trust some of these shops sometimes

Does anyone know if a rolex authenticity verification at the svc center can also tell me if the dial is refinished or parts are original or changed?

I have been offered 2 of these in the last 24 hours.

Waiting pics...but describe as original and mint.

No papers...but from a trusted source of mine...U$1800 the pair.(wholesale)

Pics will tell the story.

O/S

That's a great deal OS! Same as the pic I posted? There's also silver, pink and blue dial. How impt are papers?

That's a great deal OS! Same as the pic I posted? There's also silver, pink and blue dial. How impt are papers?

Don't know...haven't seen pics!

My research shows there are plenty of these around...papers or no,

I believe you are looking close to the top of the market at that price.

Take your finger off that trigger...there will always be another!

(May even do you a deal of one of mine -IF I buy them!)

Have patience.

O/S

Don't know...haven't seen pics!

My research shows there are plenty of these around...papers or no,

I believe you are looking close to the top of the market at that price.

Take your finger off that trigger...there will always be another!

(May even do you a deal of one of mine -IF I buy them!)

Have patience.

O/S

i hear ya O/S. Gonna enjoy my drink and go browse for 2-3 Solid reps! Thanks for reply. And hey, if you do get those 2 6694s, drop me a PM or email, you have my contacts :) Cheerios!

I think it was a good miss. I have never seen one offered with box and papers. Box and papers are usually worth a lot but only on watches that are sought after and with appreciation potential.

I tend to agree.. esp now in retrospect.. i think the heart ruled the mind for a while. Think BT made a good observation about the drop in popularity of smaller watches... I'm sure like O/S said, another good deal will come along. Thanks guys! Saved me quite a bit of agony!

maximum - but perfect with box and papers and full lenght original bracelet 1000 Euro -

they usally go 600-800 Euro !

this is a boy/girl size watch and only manual wind ....

cheers,

Frank

I don't quite agree that they are quite boys/girls watches. Back in the 60's/70's the watches were all that size, including some current Airking models. The Patek 3919 is 33.45mm and that is definitely not a "boys" model. If we are talking "boys" models, then the 6426 qualifies for that at 29mm. As mentioned, i have this 6426 saved up for my daughter, as it makes a perfect size for a womens's watch, much better than the 23 - 26mm current womens sizes.

maximum - but perfect with box and papers and full lenght original bracelet 1000 Euro -

they usally go 600-800 Euro !

this is a boy/girl size watch and only manual wind ....

cheers,

Frank

I have owned 8 or 10 6694 models over the years (2 tutone and the rest steel).

I still have two:

Nos 6694 that I bought new from an AD in 1989 for $925. I figure it is now worth $2000 to $2500.

(it is not for sale)

Used 6694 in 90%+ condition purchased in 2001 for $850 (all original, never serviced). I figure it is worth $1500 to $1700 now.

(it is not for sale)

An example that is still in good condition and has never been screwed with is worth more than one with the case buffed to look new imho.

The 6694 is one of the most troublefree rolex models made as long as you do not let it run down a lot and set the date by running the hands around and around all the time. A case tube and crown will easily last 5 years if you are careful screwing the crown down.

Got a call on an old 6694 style rolex today in a gold filled case with running 1215 movement for $400 (do not know the reference number). The fellow said it was pretty rough so I turned it down. (cal 1215 runs at 18000 bph, cal 1225 runs at 21600 bph)

He also had a steel 'big bubbleback' with DOA A260 for $400. Needs a balance complete at least. I passed on it too.

I have seen a lot of vintage rolex watches for sale lately. No submariners, explorers etc but a lot of common watches...1500, 1603 etc.

Btw, the first 'refinished' rolex dial I ever bought was a light blue dial for a 6694 that I got from a fellow in Taiwan about 10 years ago for $50 delivered...the letters etc are super fine. He sold it as 'refinished on original rolex dial blank' (the blank was not orginal).

It is the same type of dial that Yuki etc sells today so they have been around for a few years.