When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Frankenjust finally complete

fcaap_dan

I started gathering these pieces in Jan I believe.

Gen case, dial, bezel, crystal, crown/tube, clasp, powered by a 2836-2, and held in place by a stilty ring. Cubic works overlay for the date wheel. Cheap rep bracelet though (the sides of the hollow mids links aren't plated).

160131.jpg

160132.jpg

A big thank you to RWI member Katt for putting it together for me. He's basically local to me. He appreciated the stilty ring to make these easy.

I've wanted this 16013 since I was a kid. Now I have it (minus the bracelet and movement anyways).

The minute hand clears the stick markers really well. I was worried about that, but the 2836-2 worked great.

The hour hand is the perfect length. It just barely misses the stick markers. I think the gen is a tad bit shorter, but this looks like it was meant to be that way.

The cubic works datewheel overlay looks great (even though it's wrong for this year), but some of the dates don't center properly.

Stilty's customer service is awesome. I had 450 questions for him.

The minute hand clears the stick markers really well. I was worried about that, but the 2836-2 worked great.

The hour hand is the perfect length. It just barely misses the stick markers. I think the gen is a tad bit shorter, but this looks like it was meant to be that way.

The cubic works datewheel overlay looks great (even though it's wrong for this year), but some of the dates don't center properly.

Stilty's customer service is awesome. I had 450 questions for him.

Never would have noticed the hour hand size had you not pointed out. Our mind works to delete details unless we are specifically looking for detail. I imagine all non-wis will never notice it either as they will not know what to look for. I am a DJ fiend and have two gens and a few reps and one Franken on the way to me so your post was great to see. That is a beauty. Enjoy it and wear it proudly because that is one great watch. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif for your new Franken.!