When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A few in the making...

swdivad

Well, thanks to much advice, help, and supply from some top members here, I've amassed a small arsenal of parts to be assembled. Just waiting on a few more key parts to make a couple complete watches.

Special thanks to FGD, OPCrown, The Zigmeister, and DSN for making this at all possible!! :1a::thumbsupsmileyanim:

img3192resize.jpg

img3195resize.jpg

img3196resize.jpg

img3197resize.jpg

img3198resize.jpg

img3200resize.jpg

img3201resize.jpg

img3202resize.jpg

img3203resizel.jpg

That aged look on the FGD 203a is beautiful :thumbsupsmileyanim: . Can you tell us where you sourced the PVD case?

Yes... it is really nice... but not sure to use the aged one or the newer looking one (as you can see there are two that could be used in a 203A) in the PVD case I have now :whistling: ... Any suggestions?

WOW!!!!!!!!!!

Stunning lume work

Can't wait to see the end product!

OK Guys...

I am just about to receive the final parts to put together a 203A... The movement and no AR crystal are waiting at the PO...

I need a few suggestions.

Firstly, for this period watch, which would you use for the dial... The more aged or the less aged looking dial.

I'm thinking the newer looking dial, as the case is as new and it may be a better match.

Whichever I choose, there would be another dial left... I'm wondering what that would be good for besides a 203A

Second issue I have is the matte finish I hear people talking about.

I have a 201A and the dial does have a vertical 'sheen' to it, and it feels a bit off.... Is this the way the dials actually are, or are they coated/matte finish?

What are you guys using for the matte finishing on the dial?

Third and last question is on the dial backing plate...

How thick should it be, and is it simply glued to the movement/dial?

I have what seems to be a steel backing plate that's 3.56 diameter and .48 thick with a 2.38 diameter hole in the middle (no seconds at 9 hole :(

Is this a backing plate and is it the right thickness to use?

Thanks for any help... Hopefully I will have something together within a week or so :thumbsupsmileyanim: