When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which 029 dial for my project?

prdubis

Hi there!

I am building a PAM029/2893 (thanks to some members here :) ).

I have two different dials and don't know which one would be the best.

On the right, it's an EL dial. On the left, the Cartel dial.

P1000018.jpg

EL:

P1000016.jpg

Cartel:

P1000017.jpg

Please give me your opinion. :)

no doubt....use the EL one.

Reasons why the EL and not cartel

- The fatter 6 on the EL

- The positioning of L SWISS MADE L

- The cartel's markers are too close to the center of the dial

- The cartel DW cutout is off as well

- The cartel's markers have a funny border around them

The only plus on the cartel one would be the "no low bar A"

Hope this helps! :D

And thank you for confirming that I have an EL 029 dial on mine :D

yeah yeah stop rubbing it in how cheap you got yours for... whoever sold it to you was oblivious to it's value... the last fully modded one sold on the forums for around $1800 but they sell off the forums now so you won't see them in the FS section.

yeah yeah stop rubbing it in how cheap you got yours for... whoever sold it to you was oblivious to it's value... the last fully modded one sold on the forums for around $1800 but they sell off the forums now so you won't see them in the FS section.

I have a fully modded ETA2893 EL PAM029, with updated date disc, DSN one piece crystal, superlumed dial/hands, thick case back and a T48 crown, should be back from Domi very soon too! B)

Is that the going price for one updated like mine? What do you mean "off forum"? ^_^

off forum is when people are offering to buy something from you via pm or email and never makes it to the FS section... if you've got the EL thick A series case back and old style fat hand stack with little GMT arrow you've got the desireable combo as long as it's still got the EL case set... the crystal isn't as desireable as the original with Chieftang cyclops as there's more halo affect. There's far fewer 029s than 063s out there...

I made no reference to cost, just managed to finally verify (via these pics) that is an EL dial. Nowhere did I mention what a great deal it was, especially considering it has already been Vac lumed, included the correct shaped hands (not the tapering ones), and has an EL case back which usually sells for just a bit over what I paid .... see what you made me do now :D Besides, as I said before, since I've been coming across so many great deals this past month, I'm sure that there is as speeding truck or bus out there with my name on it :black_eye:

All this 029 talk reminded me to pull out of the watchbox my 029 w 2893/2 mvt ..I need to repair the CG and to install the DW (once it gets back to me)..the tuxedo dial is really beautiful, deifnitely one of the PAMs which will never ever leave the collection...I remember I got that one for cca. 500$ a couple of yrs ago!

congrats on your project, sourcing all those parts must have been a real pain in the a..

remember to post pictures once you complete it! good luck..