When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Time show off, Franken BCE, Franken SOSF and Skyland

cougaree

Now, I have another franken idea...

Since I was told that Asian fish had smaller dials... does anyone know how small it is? My rep swiss fish dial is measured 31mm in diameter. What I'm trying to say is that there are couple Breitling WEMPE dials on the bay that's measured 29.4mm. I wonder I can put one of those into an Asian fish... any thoughts? :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Breitling-2000s-Mens-WEMPE-1000m-Divers-Dial-New-OldS-/380238799303?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Wristwatches&hash=item5887ffa1c7

By the way, this was the seller who once sold a gen blue SOSF dial. I highly doubt he has more.

Think he mentioned he had The Zigmeister magiked the lume dots.. Great shots Cougaree and certainly great catch with the SOSF gen dial! Sourcing for these are like hitting the Lotto! You must have outbidded half the world to get it, but its all so worth it.

What cha gonna do for your SOH now?

The Rep Pro II i hear is nowwhere near the gen but i love it with my skyland compared to a leather... Love the weight.

Thanks Red and Gtanak! Gtanak is right. It's been thru Zigmeister's magic hands. The lume glows very brightly as well.

The SOSF gen dial was certainly a catch! There was another sold couple weeks later on the bay, but after that I haven't seen one since. When I won it, I felt like winning the lotto also. It's definitely worth it.

Looks like exelonman regrets about selling his SOH v2 to me. I can completely understand. SOH v2 in real life is pretty awesome. In the next several months, I want to swap out the asian clone movement with a gen ETA 2824-2 one, lume the dial and hands. The AR on the crystal is very nice, but I think it would be even better with Chief's AR job... but so far I have no plan of doing this. Yes, I'm planning on getting a decent mesh bracelet for this watch. My wife said this particular watch will only look good with something silver. Since she is quite an artist in the family, I will follow her advice.

For Skyland I prefer bracelet too, but I currently don't have one. That, I will wait. Maybe someday I will get one... :)

IMG_1494S.jpg

IMG_1493S.jpg

IMG_1497S.jpg

• 2 weeks later...