When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

UPO Back from Pugwash!

sfa437

Got my UPO back from Pugwash and it once again resides firmly on my wrist.

I have to say this thing came out GREAT! The gen crown & tube are solid as a rock and she's still waterproof (I tossed it into the deep end of my pool).

IMO I like the way it looks now vice when I first unpacked it. The little marks and nicks all have a story behind them and this watch is part of my history.

I'd like to thank Pugwash for the exacting repair to this watch. I love the way it came out and he did an outstanding job fixing her for me :thumbsupsmileyanim:

OK enough babbling- here's the pics :D

Just chilling on the BBQ slab:

100_2602.jpg

Pulling a Luca Brasi

100_2601.jpg

A couple shots post pool retrieval:

100_2603.jpg

100_2604.jpg

And the obligatory wristie :D

100_2607.jpg

From RG:

My UPO Torture Test

Well maybe a 3 month test would be better but this poor thing has seen it all.

First off this is an out of the box UPO. The only thing that has been done is the rotor was reaffixed after it came loose. Other than that it is 100% bone stock straight from Andrew.

So far it has held up despite being down 100 or so feet during an active dive, lived through a 120mm rocket impact 25m away (what I think initially loosened the rotor), being bounced across concrete along with me after afrementioned impact, been knocked about inside a HMMWV on some of the worst roads in Iraq, made it through a sandstorm (13 SEP IVO Samarra) that got sand into places I wasn't aware existed on my body, withstood being on my wrist through 3 months of actions on drills, took recoil forces from 5,000+ rounds of .45 ACP hardball, a 220V shock and hours upon hours of 130+ degree heat.

I can wholeheartedly recommend this watch to ayone who likes to beat the bejeezus out of things. Better than some crappy Timex, the UPO truly takes a licking and keeps on ticking (and looks great doing so)!

Here's the wristie. Sorry for the poor quality but it was taken at overspeed on MSR Tampa somewhere in Iraq :D

100_0938.jpg

It was also submerged into a semi trailer full of diesel fuel for the better part of an hour while we tried fishing it out and withstood an active dive to my personal record of 120 feet. here's a few more photos of her from when I was in-country and it took another year of abuse before the crown stripped which was the ONLY problem I ever had with it.

UPO with Beretta M-12S Subgun

100_0826-1.jpg

UPO with M1911A1

100_0818-2.jpg

Again thanks to Pug for doing the work- you can see why this watch means so much to me. Gonna be something I pass onto my son and hopefully nobody will have to stick it up their a$$ :D

Some demotivationals I made just to lighten things up:

PLEASE.jpg

ADayOff-1.jpg

HardDay.jpg

Gives ya an idea of what this poor thing lived through.

Edited by sfa437