When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

So how about this pearl?

Whatever123

Hi there,

first of all: I am by no means a Rolex expert. Just received my first Rollie rep (a WM9 V2 sub) and I was wondering about getting a gen bezel insert + pearl for it. The previous owner has replaced the pearl with one from ofrei - actually I think it looks quite good, but maybe still a bit off compared to the gen.

As I said, I'm not an expert, so I'd like to have your opinions on this pearl. Is it good or bad? Ist it worth buying a gen bezel insert? I take it, they fit the WM9 V2 without probs?

Thanks,

Whatever

The pearl looks pretty good.

If you keep your eyes open, you might be able to pick up a gen insert over a VRF or on ebay for $80 or so. I've picked up gen tritium inserts, slightly used for $60. Patience is the key.

I didn't realize that the WM9V2 had the RolexRolex engraving on the rehaut. But it's certainly a good watch, enjoy it.

The pearl looks pretty good.

If you keep your eyes open, you might be able to pick up a gen insert over a VRF or on ebay for $80 or so. I've picked up gen tritium inserts, slightly used for $60. Patience is the key.

I didn't realize that the WM9V2 had the RolexRolex engraving on the rehaut. But it's certainly a good watch, enjoy it.

Thanks, I'll keep my eyes open! :-)

It's an M-serial model btw - they are supposed to have the rehaut engraving, right?

Yes, the rehaut engraving is fine on the newer models- it's just that old farts and other vintage aficionados are slow to except change! The 16610 has been around for 20+ years. Started with a tritium dial and hands and a 93150 bracelet and 501B ends, with lugholes in the case. Changed to luminous and then super lume on the dial and hands, 92350 bracelet and SEL's and finally lost the luholes 2003-4 or so and rehaut engraving starting w/ the M serial. Now we're up to the V serial. Also, the 3135 movement has been improved along the way.

The only other Sub w/ a longer history is the 5513 which was produced from the early 60's to around 1990 (L serial).

Your pearl, as-is looks good to me!

+1 @Ubi

And IF Ubi says that it is - it is like a papal bulland even better

as if Hans Wilsdorf would say "your pearl looks good to me"...

However you could care "0" about what they say from rlx about

your pearl - the Ubi-Sign-Of-Approval is the way to go!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Cheers!

George

...hmm, did i forget to say "hello randy" btw? :clapping::whistling:

Pearl looks good to me as well. I didn't realize that the M-Serial number WM9v2's had such great engraving? It looks like it lines up quite nicely and the engraving looks really good too! I'd say you got yourself a nice sub there :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thx! drinks.gif

I'll try to post some more pics tomorrow. The engraving is really very good!

Cheers,

Whatever