When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Homage watches and inexpensive movements

gran

Saw this post on RWI by Syd

So what do you all think about all those homage watches from Jackson and Getat ...

http://www.jacksontse.com/index.html

http://www.siswatch727.com/index.do

I mean they are perfectly legal for not infringing on copyrights nor stealing intellectual property, right? I mean even Jackson is encouraging us to be in business with him on his website. So why is not everybody jumping on this and sell them at Ebay for a profit? I just see a few of them on Ebay, but just once in a while.

Our Replicas just with another name :bangin:

Are you referring to the Parnis homages? There's already plenty of those on there!

The sterile/MM stuff that Tse/Tat sell is nice but probably too expensive to really make a profit on. Plus, any MM or Panerai homages are pretty swiftly pulled off ebay as Panerai launched some legal case against the name MM being used, IIRC?

I bought a pam homage from Getat, PVD one. It kept brilliant time, was well made for a $90 watch and I loved it, until I sold it to buy my U2. Getat is great, just email him before buying to make sure they have stock. Havent tried Jackson yet, but WUS people swear by him too.

I picked up a MM094 from jackson with no problem. I have used it for some time now and it runs like - a watch... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I got a green Nato strap for it from the bay, and that made it for me. Can hardly take it of again.

(BTW; a Nato strap is perfect for summer...!)

Here it is, shot with hipstamatic for iPhone

bilde1.jpg

I am going to order a MM184 one of theese days after I saw this;

038.jpg

:victory:

In case you dont know when you order from Tat you can ask for some basic mods which he will do very cheaply comparatively. Such as CP, Superlume etc. Just ask him. He will also swap parts about for you such as mineral to sapphire, CGs etc

He does a great service. Personally speaking. :thumbsupsmileyanim: