When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Your Personal Favorite Quote

georgegrasser

I was driving with three children, girls ages 9 and 5 and a boy age 7, when suddenly my car broke down in the middle of a busy street.

The children could sense my concern for the danger we were in. The 9 year old girl started screaming, so I yelled back, "Don't panic! If you panic, you will die!"

Which of course led to more screaming.

lol I see you have the same pechant for the right words at the right time with the little kids as I do. :black_eye:

I don't know about particular quotes of mine. I am always told "I say the most random things".

Right now I have a ficticious word "Shloggin" that can be anything. I usually ask for it at restaurants, or grocers, anywhere really, to get a laugh out of the people im with. Sauce for steak, ice cream ("you mean hagan daaz sir?")

We got a new fish, which you can imagine what we named him?

Meet Shloggin-

IMG_3665.jpg

My in laws were over for Thanksgiving a couple of years back. In the dining room is a Jackson Pollock-type painting that I did years ago. My brother-in-law (a parole officer and mama's boy) attempted to give me some [censored] by scratching his chin and telling the room that he saw sexual frustration in the painting.

My reply:

"Yeah, I painted it before I met your sister."

Might be an injoke (i'm an Editor of mags and novels) but perhaps some will get it...

I once made the remark "f*ck commas. I will make another sentence" in an attempt to humourous. I had my peers and colleagues almost literally rolling on the floor.

It has become a sort catchcry for just about any ironically subversive response to crictism in my circles.

I'm even quoted quite a few times in "favourite quotations" on FB for it.

Oh and lol@ at all above - good thread!

:rofl:

I like metaphors too. Some of my favorites:

As nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

As happy as a clam at high tide.

As busy as a one legged man in a butt kicking contest.

I'm as pleased as a pig in an orchard.

It runs like a cat on carpet.