When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bought a Gen today Tag Carrera Day Date 43mm - Brown Face+Leather [Pics]

kalengkong

Hi folks,

i just bought a gen today, the Carrera DAY DATE version, with brown face [well..its actually a bit like Maroon] and brown leather.

I'm looking forward to buy the REP later and do a small review - comparison gen vs rep.

hopefully i got enough spare money to buy the rep >_<

my wallet is yelling for help at the moment.

5S6xg.jpg

wzozp.jpg

A997f.jpg

TLqsr.jpg

jakEZ.jpg

ewx9k.jpg

Edited by kalengkong

Thanks Lobster,

by the way, i just tested the Lume, I 'charge' it with my 120 lumens flashlight for +- 15 secs,

then count how long does it last.

and it remain visible bright for 4 minutes 50 seconds

then start diminishing - I need to turn off all my lights and computer screen, just to be able to see the rest of the lume.

then after +-60 secs, it all gone to darkness. :(

Quiet disappointing for AU$4K watch. But again, this is for Dress Watch, not for diving, so I guess I cant complain.

zUaNV.jpg

Edited by kalengkong

Wow! Great watch! I love the Day/Date Carrera. Please do a side by side if you can. Maybe go with a bracelet version rep so you have the bracelet to switch off and on with.

Honestly, not much difference besides the blue screws in the movement and the arrow tip on the G in TAG on the face. Maybe you should return it and go rep! :bleh::p

Here's a few of mine. :)

CL4.jpg

IMG_3869R.jpg

IMG_3828-Copy.jpg

Hi P4GTR...

did you take those pics with SLR camera? Since i've tried my best with my digicam, but cant get your angle.

HHAHAHA yes yes... damn it. After i look closely to yours,

the only different I noticed is just the Font of the tachymetre [those 200...170...150...135...]

its just a little bit different.

Other than that.. is a beautiful perfect match.

But too bad, i dont have steel band to compare with yours. :(

anyway, here are few shots that I tried to have the same angle like yours.

hmKhP.jpg

1zPta.jpg

VDFcp.jpg

wz2pt.jpg

Edited by kalengkong

• 2 weeks later...

if u buy a rep - buy it from marvellous replica as all the other brown versions of the day date have the wrong shade of BROWN (its too brown and its a flat brown - which was the colour of the older generation tag carrera NON day date) Marvellous has two versions of this watch a red-brown dial version and a dark brown dial verion....always wanted to know which one looks closest to gen

http://www.marvellousreplica.com/Product_Detail.aspx?ProductID=200910062015

http://www.marvellousreplica.com/Product_Detail.aspx?ProductID=200910062017

if u buy a rep - buy it from marvellous replica as all the other brown versions of the day date have the wrong shade of BROWN (its too brown and its a flat brown - which was the colour of the older generation tag carrera NON day date) Marvellous has two versions of this watch a red-brown dial version and a dark brown dial verion....always wanted to know which one looks closest to gen

http://www.marvellousreplica.com/Product_Detail.aspx?ProductID=200910062015

http://www.marvellousreplica.com/Product_Detail.aspx?ProductID=200910062017

Well, easy with photos, because light is tricky. Looking color diferences between watches only by pictures isn

• 3 weeks later...

Kal, congrats on your purchase. It's a real beauty. Brown on brown is my new favourite color/band combination for the day/date. Where the gen really differentiates itself visually is the the alignment of the number on the dail - perfectly straight as it should be. I have the silver rep and the 05 and 55 alignment is screwed up. Bugs me to no end and rarely wear it now. My wife says I'm too anal...can't argue there.

CarreraFace.jpg

Kal, congrats on your purchase. It's a real beauty. Brown on brown is my new favourite color/band combination for the day/date. Where the gen really differentiates itself visually is the the alignment of the number on the dail - perfectly straight as it should be. I have the silver rep and the 05 and 55 alignment is screwed up. Bugs me to no end and rarely wear it now. My wife says I'm too anal...can't argue there.

CarreraFace.jpg

Yes the numbers are off a bit but thats still one beautiful rep. I would much rather deal with the numbers being off a bit than dealing with a sunkin DW,now that makes me crazy :Jumpy: