When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just finished 1:1 6152/1

Clint Eastwood

Hello dear members,

i am proud to show you my last achieved vintage .

I have yet post this thread on others forum but as i know some of you don't see it, here it is.

i have work on this one for the past 10 months, starting last august.

But before explanation, i first want to thanks some members who made it possible; Ross, Gordon, Pablo, thanks a lot; the parts you made are wonderfull.

Now the watch :

i decide i want it as 1:1 as possible, so decide to work on it the time needed to achieve.

Except movement, i want to make it 1:1 outside, but ALSO inside; lot of work are planed.

I also planed it to be 200m waterproof, so gen like construction is the way to follow.

It started as a jackson case :

- i remove caseback, bezel, CG and tube, just use the case.

- case was reshaped on top, size, back, side of case next to CG will be better with more steel but, i do with what i have, maybe next time i will try to weld more steel here before reshape it.

- after polished, and aged, but not abuse.

- lugs are heavily reshaped, i gen size, more curved, and same diameter holes for bars at left and right.

- 1:1 gen bars systems are made, using stainless steel only; it consist of a bars of steel, slightly domed, in a ssteeltube.

The bezel :

it is not like the standart bezel on rep or actual gen fiddy; vintage have an inside bezel who accept plexi, and an outer bezel who strongly secure the plexi "in sandwich" and make it waterproof without any gasket.

- my bezel was custom made using the drawing i do and sent to the "lathe man";) , and made like gen to accept the gen tropic 25 .

- it needed to accept a 1.8mm thick dial too.

- outer bezel is of gen diameter of 45.8mm, and the inside is more big as standart rep as 40mm, this one is 40.8mm to accept T25.

When mounted on watch it is super hard feeling, very hard to put in place or remove even with tools

-look the ring inside the dial pics.

Dial :

Only the best, Ross dial

- i painted it in a little(hard to see) brown affect as fadded black after 60 years.

- paint as thin looking as steel black oxyd treatment.

- Marina militare filled with white paint

- resin filled indice an numeral

- lume is luminova with correct color not to yellow, more a creamy white( luminor is not radiomir)

-custom back plate and plexi insert spacer was made as the dial need to be 1.8mm thick, compare to standart rep dial of only 0.6mm.

So my dial is 1,3mm more up on case, and trust me, it do all the difference with standart rep:D

(Bad point, now all my other babes look something wrong:undecided: )

-hole for hands are more big like on gen dial.

- i choose the big MM wording instead of the small as a personnal choice, i have the two types of dials, just prefer the big one, more close to the size of Luminor Mrina wording.

Hands:

-little reshape and aged oxydized

- lume is gen vintage lume with foam felling, and who glow more strongly than dial, but less long in time, as gen who only use luminor on dial, not on hands who use standart lume.

Movement is a standart unitas as i want is strong and reliable as possible, but i was obliged to custom made new hour and minute wheel, more high of 2-3mm to adapt with thick dial and look stand up on dial as gen.

Using and angelus will be more easy(ahnds pin are always more high) but unitas will be the better choice for a watch i will never be "afraid" to wear in all activities.

Crown and tube :

it was the more hard work on watch.

Gen have bronze ( yes bronze, not stainless steel ) tube of 6 mm who go "in" the crown.

so i custom made one and make it oxydized in green like you see on some gen after years on salt water.

the crown was heavily moded to, by removing the leep, removing stem screw tube, making inside 6.2mm hole of 2mm deep inside , after soldered again a custom spring loaded tube for movement stem.

all this work take me 2 full day of traying and traying again, very very hard, but now perfect looking.

Caseback is a NW one, i fist reshaped it to have sharp angles between 12 sides, and more chamfered the beveled edge(hard for me to explain in english), after polished and aged.

CG was a wonderfull okabum one, i finished it in brushed with polished edges, adjust lever to be strongly secured when closed, short a little lever end, make an axe pin, and finished some edges with a files like gen; fornt and back side are not the same, front are more "filed" like gen to accept holes in case.

Strap :

Full made by me, hard and long to do

-starting by dying the leather in the perfect color.

-make it in the gen 3 folded leathers at buckle side.

-dyed linen thread in same color

-gen lenght of 100/160

-gpf buckle that i have finished and aged.

-aged balck side as the last strap who has a water proof treatment on side in black color.

Now the pics, let me know yours comments.

Sorry if i am a little bit boaster with this one, but i is the biggest work i have do, relay more hard than the previous angelus i made, and i am very very proud of what i have do, only by hands and with the Dremel.

Now i need an other project, but honestly at this time i have not choose; maybe a 3646 as i see some case who look more tha interesting...

Hope you like it :D

IMG_0329.jpg

IMG_0291.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg

IMG_0300.jpg

IMG_0301.jpg

IMG_0303.jpg

IMG_0306.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_0319.jpg

IMG_0320.jpg

IMG_0321.jpg

IMG_0324.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg

IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0330.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0334.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0342.jpg

IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0344.jpg

IMG_0347.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0352.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

IMG_0363.jpg

Love the texture on the dial mate :)

And the touch up of the CG and lever really takes Oaks CG to another level...

Congrats it was really worth all your effort mate....You must be pleased :thumbsupsmileyanim: