When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Montauk Highway on white strap

looks great on the white strap - I think I already said that when you posted the pictures with the Hornback over on TZ :p

cheers

WR

Hey, WR -

Indeed, guessing much like yourself, proud to contribute in both worlds. I'd honestly feel blind not being part of the RWG community.

Funny how owning a rep often leads to a gen purchase. I was content w/my gen Rubberclad for 7 yrs, then had an itch for a rep 09 Silver Themes, which lead to a gen 09 Themes, which lead to a gen Montauk and 09 Ti Themes. : )

Hey, WR -

Indeed, guessing much like yourself, proud to contribute in both worlds. I'd honestly feel blind not being part of the RWG community.

Funny how owning a rep often leads to a gen purchase. I was content w/my gen Rubberclad for 7 yrs, then had an itch for a rep 09 Silver Themes, which lead to a gen 09 Themes, which lead to a gen Montauk and 09 Ti Themes. : )

I currently own more gens than reps but catching up quickly - the replicas are a great platform for me to test drive watches and than buy the gen if I like them - I bought too many gens that I lost interested in in the past and lost money flipping them

cheers

WR

Nice girl and watch :)

I like this watch the more i see it, strange thing whit AP watches they seem to need a grow period for the eyes.

Cheers,

D

Very true. I purchased sight unseen, expecting a teal/turquoise as rendered in official promo pics/press.

The true "sky blue" didn't initially appeal, but really grew on me once worn outside. Almost "glows" in the sunlight.

post-23200-000004400 1277314921_thumb.jp

Guest Sql_pl

It is a surprise how poorly gen strap plots seem to fit - they look very loose.

But surely a great watch overall!

Edited by Sql_pl

It is a surprise how poorly gen strap plots seem to fit - they look very loose.

But surely a great watch overall!

The tolerances are actually very tight. If you're referring to the "gaps" above each plot, this space allows the strap to pivot further outwards and exhibits no slop/play.

Very true. I purchased sight unseen, expecting a teal/turquoise as rendered in official promo pics/press.

The true "sky blue" didn't initially appeal, but really grew on me once worn outside. Almost "glows" in the sunlight.

Yes I also think it would be very different in colour then what is shown in your pics.

I almost pulled the trigger on the GP AP carbon as an investment, use for a year or so then sell but I backed out, now I regret due to I think it will be going for a huge extra on the second hand market.

Enjoy it bro, looks damn good on white rubber, I would try it on white hornback whit light blue stitching also :)

Yes I also think it would be very different in colour then what is shown in your pics.

I almost pulled the trigger on the GP AP carbon as an investment, use for a year or so then sell but I backed out, now I regret due to I think it will be going for a huge extra on the second hand market.

Enjoy it bro, looks damn good on white rubber, I would try it on white hornback whit light blue stitching also :)

Unless you'd opportunity to pick up a GP @ retail, think you did the right thing. Having witnessed some very tattered daily-worn Team Alinghis, I'm not convinced of forged carbon durability. Unlike SS or Ti, there's no opportunity to refinish.

Hornbacks are fun, but render case cleaning a PITA. Once they're wet, they fall apart. $520 a pop. :(

Finally mounted the white strap .. didn't think I could pull off, but actually really growing on me.

I just sent Josh some pics of this one, including the correct case back, etc...

Let's hope the factory makes it, it should not be so hard to replicate.

Keeping my fingers crossed!!

Cheers!