When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Score!

Nanuq

You got it, Freddy. The scariest part is that in the bends of the links, some are worn down paper thin. A good solid whack against a door frame could break one of them, and splat ... down she goes.

I have a near-new 93150 that's also correct for the watch, but I just like it a whole lot better on folded oyster. So we'll see how good the "new" one is.

My dad's GMT 1675 which is on a 78350 bracelet is wearing down the same way - he won't even where the watch anymore for fear of it dropping to the floor. The local Rolex service centers will replace the bracelet for a new Gen. for <$500...I don't know if they have the same deal with folded or riveted bracelets...

I don't know if they have the same deal with folded or riveted bracelets...

If only they did! Boy I'd love to get a new in-the-box 9315, a 7836 and a 7206 for less than $500 each. Instead, I prowl the shadowy halls of Craigslist and Ebay............

............watching...... :ph34r:

With the proper machinery, it should be relatively simple. The key will be getting a sample link to match. Beyond that, as long as the dimensions (including the gauge of metal) are 1:1, all you would need to do is brush the finish & you are good to go.