When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What's this movement? And can it be replaced with an ETA?

Whatever123

Hi guys,

I want to give my 42mm PO a full renovation...

Started with Finedd AR, looks great. Now I am planning to get a gen tube and crown, because the crown is pretty wobbly as is. I was also thinking about swapping the movement for an ETA - is it possible? Will the hands fit?

Thanks,

Whatever

The hands will not fit Olli and the dial feet will be in the wrong position, cousins uk do have a couple of gen dials for sale though and i think they have gen hands as well,

Thanks, Andy. I thought so.

Which ETA movement do I need then to fit the gen dial and hands? I guess, if I decide to do all those upgrades, I'll buy everything together and send it all off to Domi...

Cheers,

O.

a 2824 should be what you need, a 2892 would be a bit better but pugwash had problems with the canon and pinion heights when he fitted a 92 to his, there is quite a long post about it somewhere.

You can get around that by getting a 2892 with longer pinions. :)

You will have a very hard time replacing the movement. You need a new Movement spacer, new hands, new dial, new crown ad stem. You also have to look into the movement thickness otherwise your stem and tube won't line up.

Take my advice, wear this watch as is and if you want to mod buy a UPO with an ETA or clone. Saves you a lot of hassle.