When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex style homage GMTIIC

Mickey Padge

I like homage/sterile watches, so much easier to wear than a rep, no tells, flaws or inaccuracies, as there is no gen to live up too :)

I noticed helenarou added some Rolex homage watches to their website ( http://www.helenarou.com/ ) and decided to pick up the ETA GMTII ceramic bezel homage watch. Having owned the best rep of this watch, I was surprised at the quality of this watch when it arrived. It is very well put together, that date and date magnifier is particularly nice, well centered with a large font. It is a really well made piece, up there with the rep in terms of quality, the ceramic bezel is identical B)

I brushed the bracelet fully, not a fan of the polished mid links, let me know what you think.....

Pictures, keep clicking to expand:

dsc03593z.th.jpgdsc03594k.th.jpgdsc03596c.th.jpgdsc03597d.th.jpg

dsc03598.th.jpgdsc03599.th.jpgdsc03600za.th.jpgdsc03601o.th.jpgdsc03602s.th.jpg

dsc03598n.jpg

I really like this watch, in fact I have been wearing it since I received it a few days ago B)

Thanks very much to helenarou, very helpful, with watches and parts, quick delivery too. The only things I will say is s the watch doesn't have AR, which the website stated it did, not a big problem though and the lume is really weak......

What do you guys think? Yay, or nay? ^_^

There is an interesting history to this in that Helenarou has an ebay shop as you probably know, and they started out by selling the sterile Sub, SD's and GMT IIc's in this shop without reserve prices.

They would regularly sell for 40-60$ each approx 18 months ago!....even with what was claimed to be a gen eta movement!

Is yours a gen eta Mickey - any obvious way to tell?

Once the Rep community (I guess) cottoned on, prices got regularly bidded up and now they sell at 2-3 times that old price. Many are listed with buy it now prices, but tend not to shift. There is also a US based ebay seller moving the same stock - $ prices on ebay.com sometimes go shockingly high....so its not a bad investment Mickey :whistling:

I have had a number of pieces from this source over the past two years and the quality and value has been great....with reliable service and communications. And had no problem in selling them on.....as one tends to do in this hobby :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Interesting, thanks for the input :)

Seems her ebay prices are listed higher on the "buy it now" option than her website prices. Regarding the movement, it looks gen ETA to me, all the right stamps and markings etc, it's also accurate to a few seconds a day, the rubber O ring was greased too, very nice indeed....

Cheers! B)

Thanks! This is my "beater" watch now, although I will probably still keep it near spotless :lol:

:lol::victory:

It's funny, without the branding, it almost looks like a Submariner with a GMT function, what kind of warped individual would build a watch like that :whistling:;):1a:

Nice!

I think this is exacly the same watch as our rep... same factory, just the "sterile" version...

NOT really from same factory, there is a lot of factory make rep.., and different factory make the watch a little different, like different case, material and bracelet!

MK

There is an interesting history to this in that Helenarou has an ebay shop as you probably know, and they started out by selling the sterile Sub, SD's and GMT IIc's in this shop without reserve prices.

They would regularly sell for 40-60$ each approx 18 months ago!....even with what was claimed to be a gen eta movement!

Is yours a gen eta Mickey - any obvious way to tell?

Once the Rep community (I guess) cottoned on, prices got regularly bidded up and now they sell at 2-3 times that old price. Many are listed with buy it now prices, but tend not to shift. There is also a US based ebay seller moving the same stock - $ prices on ebay.com sometimes go shockingly high....so its not a bad investment Mickey :whistling:

I have had a number of pieces from this source over the past two years and the quality and value has been great....with reliable service and communications. And had no problem in selling them on.....as one tends to do in this hobby :thumbsupsmileyanim:

You give a wrong info here! I have NEVER sell any SUB or GMT before or offer ETA on 18 months ago ( except ETA 6497) .

I ONLY start Offer Sub with ETA few months ago, and welcome to check by any watchmaker to verifly it is gen! the rest of the Ebay seller is selling it with China movement!

MK