When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBW/MBK 1680 White Dial

omgiv

Hi Guys,

I have been wanting to change my red 1680 MBK to a white for a while. I had placed an order with ETZ but have since given up hope after the last few months. I ended up filing a PP dispute and got my funds back, so I didn't lose anything. The problem is I still want to change dials. I have placed a couple of wtb ads but haven't heard anything. Does anyone know if it is possible to get a white MBW/MBK 1680 dial and also a 93150 hollow link bracelet, and who to contact? Thanks in advance!!!!!

Really sucks about ETZ...the site was an MBW feast for the eyes. I was in the email stages with ETZ, or should I say lack of email responces stage when I desided not to pull the trigger...

Glad you got your money back :thumbsupsmileyanim:

It's one of the parts in my parts box. Aged by the Palp, and sitting on top of a Swiss 2836-2 (along with an aged set of hands, all put together and ready to go). This is a set from one of my very first MBWs, from back in the day when only a few (very) hard to find people could even get one for you. I ended up with a gen dial and movement in the case, still running strong and gorgeous as ever. If someone made me an offer I couldn't refuse I might be convinced to sell ;)

Have you tried contacting Narikaa? I don't know if he can help or not, but he does have access to MBW's.

Another thought is what about a PT 1680 white dialed sub? Maybe you could transplant the dial, 2846 movement and datewheel into an MBW case. The only drawback is that the MBW 1680 dial is 26.2mm and a gen is 26.5mm and won't fit in an MBW case w/o mods (yuck). Don't know what the size of the PT 1680 white dial is. And the PT 1680 has a hollow mid link 93150 bracelet (with the wrong end links- 285's, I believe).

http://puretimewatch.com/product/vinatage-white-submariner-1680/

I bet jmb could measure a PT 1680 dial and tell you what the diameter is- that would tell you if my little scheme would work!

Thanks for the comments guys! I did shoot Narikaa a PM a week or so ago but haven't heard back yet. Don't know if he is away or busy. I looked at the PT 1680 a while back and wasn't crazy about it. I was hoping to have just a simple dial swap since I like most everything else about the watch. Thanks again for the comments!!!

I measured my PT 1665 dial- it comes in at 26.45mm according to my CN calipers.

It might be that the PT 1680 dial is too big if it's the same diameter as the 1665 dial- those MBW cases have to have the slightly smaller dial.

Good luck with catching up with Reg.

Allready ordered a 98$ 5514 from Josh for the case and planing a 3826, a good insert, a Clark Crystal (39 right?) and a yuki dial plus hands...

But I thought the PT 1665 and the Josh 5514 are from the same new vintage rep range/firm

Allready ordered a 98$ 5514 from Josh for the case and planing a 3826, a good insert, a Clark Crystal (39 right?) and a yuki dial plus hands...

But I thought the PT 1665 and the Josh 5514 are from the same new vintage rep range/firm

http://www.1-pc8838.com/rlsv01103-vintage-comex-submariner-asia-a2813-28800-p-7808.html

Actually, I think this 5514. which came out last year, is a chinese copy of the MBW. I don't think it's from the same mfr as the PT 1665 and PT 1680- which Josh has also.

here's Josh's 1665 w/ the 2846

http://www.1-pc8838.com/rlsdv01012-vintage-1665-great-whitealternative-swiss-2846-p-8529.html

same as PT's as far as I can tell

A T-19 is correct for a 5514 and cheaper than a Clark's T-39, but a 39 should fit- and would be a high dome.