When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Are the MBW 5513 cases still avaliable?

Robaer

Hi. I am looking for a replacement case for my 5513 project.

I have an old MBW Polex case with drilled lug holes and gen everything and a 2846 movement. But I'm not completely satisfied with my work on the crown guards.

I know Eurotimes has them, on his site at least. But he is not responding right now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

In the case of 5513, Yuki case does not offer a great deal of advantages over the MBW in terms of CG, rehault and the shape overall. I have had both gen and yuki.

The rehault on yuki case I found was too thick to a point unacceptable. The CG was same shape as MBW The only advantage of using a yuki is their engraving (although not very good i must say).

Save your money.. send your 5513 to a modder on the boards. I am sure someone will be able to help you. Below are some pics you can compare your MBW to my yuki built 5513.

my gen

64a733fb.jpg

IMG_2816.jpg

my franken 5513 using yuki case

93286c60.jpg

d2b0ce2b.jpg

Thank you for your replys. Your watch looks very good.

From what I've heard the Yuki case won't accept an ETA movement.

I'm still interested in finding a new MBW case. Does anyone know if they are avaliable today and who sells them?

Thank you for your replys. Your watch looks very good.

From what I've heard the Yuki case won't accept an ETA movement.

I'm still interested in finding a new MBW case. Does anyone know if they are avaliable today and who sells them?

Yuki now does an ETA adaptor set for the 5513, first with ETA Dial - http://www.yukiwatch.com/catalog/item/7518423/7916433.htm

or the adaptor by itself - http://www.yukiwatch.com/catalog/item/7518423/7999848.htm

You might like to PM Narikaa about an MBW case, I think he can get them. Not sure how good or accurate the new ones are though, the originals are thought to be better I believe.

Thanks, but the yuki holder does not take the 2846. At least not according to the site.

In what way are the newer MBW cases different?

I need a case that will accept a gen dial, bezel+insert, crown+tube, gen crystal

and gen springbars.

My old MBW from 2008 did all this.

Again, thank you so much for your replys so far.

Robaer, if you need a case that will accept a gen dial, bezel+insert, crown+tube, gen crystal, and gen springbars, a good old MBK does all that.

List of things that MBK can do

gen dial ---------------------------------------------------------- *checked*

bezel+insert -------------------------------------------------- *checked*

crown+tube --------------------------------------------------- *checked*

gen crystal -------------------------------------------------- *checked*

gen springbars - you will need one of the modders here to help you with this one.

I know that the MBK/MBW can do that. I have one right here on my desk, with all the gen stuff installed.

I also have a friend who owns both an MBW, a Yuki and a gen so I can easily compare them in detail when it comes to crown guards and crown height and other details. And one interesting thing I've noticed is that not one MBW case is exactly identical to the other, they all have small variations in the lugs and crown height etc. These cases were bought about two years ago and they seem harder to source today.

I'll contact Narikaa and see what he can do.

Do you have any other suggestions on where to find one if he can't help me?

Hi Robaer

I must admit that am not the expert knowing all the in's and out's of the current rep in MBK. I personally bought my 5513 at the MBK mall in November 09 and verified it myself. I think Paul may be able to help you in finding an old school 5513 since he is based in BKK.

Also, my next project might be of interest to you. It will be based on a $50 cheap 5513. The mid-case looks acceptable. I brushed the lugs to replciate the overpolished look and created some endlinks mark on the lugs.

I am waiting for a refinsihed dial from MQ and will be getting a old school ETA movement.

This is a brand new case that has never been worn.

bd18d56c.jpg

72ecd678.jpg

Thanks, but the yuki holder does not take the 2846. At least not according to the site.

In what way are the newer MBW cases different?

I need a case that will accept a gen dial, bezel+insert, crown+tube, gen crystal

and gen springbars.

My old MBW from 2008 did all this.

Again, thank you so much for your replys so far.

I believe the top mounting face to stem centre is the same on the 2824, 2836 and 2846 having tried all three in a gen DJ case with Stilty's 3035 to 2824/36 adaptor (for the DJ the 2824 needs the higher canon pinion, hour and seconds wheel to clear the stick markers, the 2836 and 2846 are interchangeable). The 2836/2846 are slightly thicker because of the superstructure for day operation and have a higher calendar wheel to clear this. I guess therefore that the 2846 will fit with Yuki's adaptor. If you can wait I will be attempting to fit a 2846 to a Yuki Explorer I case with the same adaptor so I'll be able to confirm or reject that information in due course. I expect it to fit though there is a possibility it may require lower canon pinion, etc, as the Explorer is no date anyway. I would guess there is also the possibility of constructing a low beat 2824 from both movements. The case won't be with me for about 3-4 weeks though so it's some way off..

I don't know the difference between new and old MBW cases, but there have been several warnings posted that they are not the same. Eurotimez actually described both the 5513 and the 1680 MBK cases on their site as 'old style' indicating there is indeed a difference and the 'old style' is better. As has already been inferred, the lug holes in the MBW case are too small and need to be opened out to 1.3mm to take gen springbars.

I've read the rumor about the newer MBW cases being different. But I have not been able to confirm what those differences are or if they really exist.

I've talked to Narikaa about buying an MBW from him. But he wasn't sure he could get only the case and how long it would take.

So whether I like it or not I may just have to wait and see how things turn out for you. It will be very interesting.