When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ladies TT DateJust

CaptainJack

Hello everyone,

Now that I'm in the Q for a WM9 SS sub from BK, my wife asked me if she could get a rep of the ladies DJ to match my gen TT sub.

Angus at Puretime was recommended, but his site does not show any inventory of the DJ for ladies right now, so my question

is: has anybody bought a DJ from someone else, or even Puretime, that they are happy with and is a reasonable quality? Maybe not WM9 quality, but

something that is not a rep rip-off?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jack

Hi Jack,

very few reviews of the ladies' reps unfortunately. I doubt there are any great ones though.

You might want to consider DateJust men's for your lady. RobbieG is a DJ expert, I'm sure he can recommend you a good model, there are several very good ones.

DJ/DD looks great on a lady. Check this. My wife is a small woman but the watch doesn't look too big at all.

Happy hunting!

I'll contact RobbieG on the DJ issue, maybe I can steer her towards something that has a bit better build quality.

She recently saw a ladies TT DJ on a co-workers girl friend and that was it; gotta have one. Even though she owns two

solid gold watches, neither close to inexpensive, a Rollie is a must have now.

Thanks By-Tor,

Jack

Hi Jack,

very few reviews of the ladies' reps unfortunately. I doubt there are any great ones though.

You might want to consider DateJust men's for your lady. RobbieG is a DJ expert, I'm sure he can recommend you a good model, there are several very good ones.

DJ/DD looks great on a lady. Check this. My wife is a small woman but the watch doesn't look too big at all.

Happy hunting!

No, she won't move down the food chain. If I've got a TT gen and a SS rep(coming)Sub, she wants something to "match".

The hard part is going to be steering her towards a SS instead of the TT, I don't trust gold plate on reps and I

don't want the watch to be a drawer orphan after it gets it's first scratch and the SS shows.

Thanks,

Jack

Or find a 31mm Tudor like this...

My wife got this TT Ladies DJ and it worked out fine. Women aren't as rough on a watch as men and this one has an ss clasp.

It's been a good watch, better than the gen TT DJ she purchased a couple of years later!

http://www.prowatch888.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_56_100&products_id=203

It compares favorably side by side with her gen- a few slight differences, but you can always say it's a newer/older model... No glaring faults as far as i'm concerned.

It took a bit, what with his domain name changes and all, but I finally found the Perfect clones site.

Nice selection of ladies DJ, but I noticed in one of the pictures the date wheel had the open-end "6".

Guess I'll have to do some research on what the numbers on a gen date wheel look like. Doubt they still

do the old "6" on their current date wheels, but we'll see.

Jack

If you'll pardon the lousy photo, I was pretty impressed with this one from Josh that I bought a couple years ago. My wife wears it quite often and the plating is still like new. The Eta 2671 keeps excellent time.

It does look pretty good, curious if you know if Rolex is still producing date wheels with the "6 and 9" open tails?

I'd think they would have updated all their date wheels by now.

Thanks,

Jack

My wife got this TT Ladies DJ and it worked out fine. Women aren't as rough on a watch as men and this one has an ss clasp.

It's been a good watch, better than the gen TT DJ she purchased a couple of years later!

http://www.prowatch888.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_56_100&products_id=203

It compares favorably side by side with her gen- a few slight differences, but you can always say it's a newer/older model... No glaring faults as far as i'm concerned.

On men's watches, Rolex closed the 6's and 9's somewhere in the late 80's, right after the 16610 Sub came out, circa R serial #'s. I would think the same holds for the women's watches, but don't really know. I'll check my wife's two watches tonight and let you know. My guess is that the reps have the latest DW's w/ the closed 6's and 9's. I know you can't hardly find a open 6 & 9 men's DW these days!