When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Day-Date II SS Ice-Blue Roman Concentric Dial A3156 Best Edition

mickeytzan

Many members here believe that the only difference between Asia copy ETA and real ETA is Asia copy is probably needing a Service from a watchsmith very badly to clean and oil properly. Truthfully, if you want to keep a watch for a long time, you should service the real ETA too!

Otherwise they are the same ..

Steer clear of the Asian clone Rolex "style" movements, they are garbage, well overpriced and will fall apart/break in no short amount of time. The dealers must make a massive profit when peeps buy them, considering they charge the same as Swiss ETA for them, or more in some cases! :p

If I were you I would get the gen ETA version, although it is tricky to guarantee gen ETA these days, in which case the stock Asian clone (without the Rolex style crap) would be the best choice, and save you plenty of $$$ too :)

You should ask .. the price is obviously a mistake. It should be +50usd at least for the real ETA

and I do not know if this is a good replica; I have never held one.

It's no mistake, they really are charging the same price for [censored] poor Asian clone Rolex style movements as they do for the Swiss ETA versions, which proves how overpriced the Rolex style movements are......

I guess if peeps are willing to buy them at that silly high price, nothing will change ;)

OH I see .. I didn't read the descriptions. I thought it was a normal A-clone ETA .. not the Rollie clone. I understand now.

I agree with MP ... the Rolex Clone movement is known to fail ... if you want one, wait until it is reliable. Buy the normal ETA.

"Steer clear of the Asian clone Rolex "style" movements, they are garbage, well overpriced and will fall apart/break in no short amount of time. The dealers must make a massive profit when peeps buy them, considering they charge the same as Swiss ETA for them, or more in some cases!

If I were you I would get the gen ETA version, although it is tricky to guarantee gen ETA these days, in which case the stock Asian clone (without the Rolex style crap) would be the best choice, and save you plenty of $$$ too."

I agree 100%.

Imho, I can see one (and only one) reason to buy a watch with an etaclone (2824/36/92)...the dial and hands will fit a genuine eta.

Toss the etaclone in the trash when it quits and put a genuine eta in it.

Sellita seems to make a quality swissetaclone but so far the asianetaclones I have seen were not too hot.

I call 'em as I see 'em. :animal_rooster:

I have this watch from Watchinternational - I love it!

I would recommend watchinternational over puretime

Are you trully sattisfied with the quality of the watch?

Watchinternational has better price and i am considering, but i want to buy the best rep in the market, so i dont care spending more.

Are you trully sattisfied with the quality of the watch?

Watchinternational has better price and i am considering, but i want to buy the best rep in the market, so i dont care spending more.

Why spend more for the same watch? :p

Mary from watch-international is a great dealer, one of the best I have ever purchased from, ask her what movements she can get the watch with, and then buy either the true Swiss ETA version, or the Asian clone movement (Not the Rolex style clone) :)

I have three of these:

SS with back dial and black number

SS with black wave dial (I have pics on RWI under tbonner1)

They both have the smooth bezel and are sublime. I also got:

Yellow gold with black wave dial and coin bezel

These are from the Noob factory and they are fantastic:

Detailed dials like gen

case and bracelet weight like gen

No AR on crystal but an easy fix

I have had very good transactions from Replicamake, ask for Lay. Very low prices.

My only fear is to buy a watch that screams "i am fake!" from distance.

Since i know that there are different quality reps in the market, i am trying to figure out which seller has the best :)

try and get a noobfactory one and go with a clone ETA movement ... even if it breaks, you could always get a gen ETA and then you can be sure it'll last ;)

gru

jaja scream fake....lol....

Well most people who know rolexes know that youre wearing a 20k+ watch. These rolexes are president style daydate II, which come in white gold or platinum....If you drive anything less than a $80k car itll scream fake! Stick to the date-just or regular subs, yatchmaster if you want to pass the rolex lifestyle test....

jaja scream fake....lol....

Well most people who know rolexes know that youre wearing a 20k+ watch. These rolexes are president style daydate II, which come in white gold or platinum....If you drive anything less than a $80k car itll scream fake! Stick to the date-just or regular subs, yatchmaster if you want to pass the rolex lifestyle test....

Other (very good) alternative is just to buy it & have fun with the watch that you like and don't give a sh*t what other people think. :D

@Mickey: I just posted gen pics of this watch here. They're good reference material to compare to the rep.

Nicely put BT!

If you like the watch....buy it! :thumbsupsmileyanim: Who cares if people think its a fake. I know several people with nice Rollies, AP's, Panerai's, Patek's, etc who don't drive Aston Martins or Ferrari's. Just because someone isn't a formula one car driver, doesn't mean he or she can't appreciate the beauty in a watch like an Audemars Piguet and if they want to spend $20k or more on it (especially if its a good investment), then who's to say they shouldn't. It certainly doesn't mean that its a fake watch!

Besides, even if it is a fake watch, if you get enjoyment out of it, then bravo! :D

I agree with By Tor, but he did say "scream: Im a Fake" so Im just trying to let him know...The ability to "pull off" wearing a rep is how you wear it not how accurate is it to a GEN.

Other (very good) alternative is just to buy it & have fun with the watch that you like and don't give a sh*t what other people think. :D

@Mickey: I just posted gen pics of this watch here. They're good reference material to compare to the rep.

Man, is that ever good advice. We overthink some of this stuff to death sometimes.

Funny, I am wearing one today.. purhcased from a trusted member about 3 yrs ago w/ white dials and Roman Numerals. Not sure who the original dealer was.

Puretime indicates watch is 41MM. Isn't the Gen a 36MM? My rep is 36

EDIT: nevermind, DDII is 41MM (sheeplishly backs out of the room)

Hi All,

Long time subscriber, first time writer. Like everybody here, I too am looking for a SS Ice/ Glacier blue DD with the Roman numeral face in the 36mm size.

As my first rep, I do hope to find one of these famous Noobfactory ones with a swiss eta movement.

Does such a rep exist? As a newb, I'm just so lost on who I should contact to get one.

I welcome any feedback, and thanks in advance to those that respond.

Cheers!

Daryl

ps, the only difference is that I want a fluted bezel one. Thanks!