When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ok, Gotta Ask

MJP

Buying a real watch, swapping parts, and returning it. I know it happens. Do we just not talk about this? Keep the site clean?

Maybe not at Shreeeaves, but Kossco has Breeetlings. They never sweat returns. Their lackeys quickly loupe diamonds that come back, but they wont crack open a watch.

NEVER consider it at a small watchstore, only BIG corporate stores.

If this is not good to post for whatever reason, mods/admins, feel free to delete the thread. Please PM me why, if you don't mind, just so I'm clear.

I think this is a wonderfully clever idea . . . if you don't give a [censored] what you eat, or how your rectum is used by friends and neighbors.

When you trade that watch in, they may not look at it, but you will be required to produce ID. When that watch goes back to the factory, and they find out what happened, some nasty folks with no particular sense of humor will show up and take your ass to jail - but you'll get out pending trial if you can post bond.

Ever price a decent criminal defense - figure $10K minimum, and even then you may still find yourself shacking up with some big ugly bastard who may think you're cute.

Prisons are full of clever bastards, and the food sucks.

Bill

Buying a real watch, swapping parts, and returning it. I know it happens. Do we just not talk about this? Keep the site clean?

Maybe not at Shreeeaves, but Kossco has Breeetlings. They never sweat returns. Their lackeys quickly loupe diamonds that come back, but they wont crack open a watch.

NEVER consider it at a small watchstore, only BIG corporate stores.

If this is not good to post for whatever reason, mods/admins, feel free to delete the thread. Please PM me why, if you don't mind, just so I'm clear.

I had never considered doing this, but at a place like C-o-s-t-c-o it'd surely work. They have a loose and accomodating return policy. Of course, if you start pulling stunts like this I'm sure that return policy will go the way of TTK's ordering policy. :Jumpy: J/K TTK.

Edited by chieftang

. . . (mr. asian hip-hop, Manila-Ice, so they wear thier pants way down and shirt is 6 times too big--rediculous looking) I digress.

Nice insult. Thanks.

Trying to keep people from finding this thread searching 'their' and 'ridiculous' on google? Despite the young man's appearance, I'm sure he could at least spell.

At least in the U.S., buying and owning a rep is not a crime. Buying a rep and exchanging it in place of a gen at a store is, however, a crime. Don't dare do it. Bad idea.

Yes everybody, don't do it, mcGruff.

And if you do, just take internal parts, pay cash, use a fake ID and a disguise. I will post a sticky "How To" in the next few days because I am a scumbag trying to spread my ill will.

Here's my $ .02. I'm sure you mean well, but really, IMHO, this stuff does not belong here. I mean, we love watches- reps and gens - and love them even more when are mods are completed. :D However, the possibility of swapping out parts and returning it to KOSTCO or any store for that matter is wrong - legally wrong.

Don't mean to be a ballbreaker, but do yourself a favor - I wouldn't be posting on how to get ahead by beating the system and crap like that. Again - my $.02.

Edited by triplehd

So, don't worry about me, dealers, when I order a watch--I would never do funky [censored] like that, even if there was some objective justification. I am very ethical in nature.

it's only a matter of time until one of the dealers here is posting about this assclown receiving a watch and reversing PayPal on them

mark my words. i am always right

it's only a matter of time until one of the dealers here is posting about this assclown receiving a watch and reversing PayPal on them

mark my words. i am always right

Whatever. Your words?--more mockable than markable. Wow, always right, huh?! That's unbelievable! Nice self portrait. Assclown?

Goes to show, ya give some insecure people an anonymous way to start [censored] they would normally in real life be afraid to start OR finish, they will. You are a perfect example. :animal_rooster:

You want to get together sometime? Picnic?

Edited by MJP

Whatever....

I think the poster you're responding to is grossly overstating what many posters have been trying to understate--that this thread raises a few warning flags. It's not too often a new guy shows up around these parts using his innaugural posts w/ offers to make rep parts, and opining on the theory and practice of scamming retail giants. On boards like this the mind wanders: Provocateuring. Entrapment. At best, too-earnest "I am Newbie, hear me roar."

Nothing personal, pardner. When you post the .AI file of the new PAM dials you'll be a hero, and rightly so because then you will have graduated from talking to speaking. But until then, trying to open a "Who loves to commit felonies" discussion probably wasn't your best call of the day.

I think the poster you're responding to is grossly overstating what many posters have been trying to understate--that this thread raises a few warning flags. It's not too often a new guy shows up around these parts using his innaugural posts w/ offers to make rep parts, and opining on the theory and practice of scamming retail giants. On boards like this the mind wanders: Provocateuring. Entrapment. At best, too-earnest "I am Newbie, hear me roar."

Nothing personal, pardner. When you post the .AI file of the new PAM dials you'll be a hero, and rightly so because then you will have graduated from talking to speaking. But until then, trying to open a "Who loves to commit felonies" discussion probably wasn't your best call of the day.

Thank you. I understand. This is why I said from the beginning this thread is deletable, it's edgy, no doubt. I think this (swapping parts) happens, but the point is we don't talk about it, lest we condone it or be associated with it. That wasn't the title, but I get your point. I will lurk more, "contribute" less. I assure you I have no ill-intentions.

Sorry everybody, I have a hard time letting chickenshit accusations and putdowns (not face to face) go. I'm here to learn, contribute make freinds like everyone else. I'll turn it down, near off.

I will make .AI files, but I have no usable hi-res scans or photos. PM if u have helpful hints for me or want help. It seems like eveyone is pretty content with the quality of things as is.

Edited by MJP