When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just Got Back From the Caribbean

Jawo

For those of you who haven't been down to the Caribbean, it is a watch lover's haven. Virtually any luxury brand of watch you are looking for will be there. I came across this awesome watch store in St. Marteen and they had a great Panerai display. They had a nice collection of Marina, submersibles and Radiomirs. I wanted to buy something that I didn't have in my rep collection so I opted for the PAM 251. I really could not find a really accurate rep of this and to modify it properly would be painstaking. I got a fantastic price on it and bit the bullet. All I can say is that I love it!!

PANERAI PAM 251 DAYLIGHT

The watch was brand new in a box that just arrived on shipment.

251-1.jpg

It comes in the standard wooden box with a lint free cleaning cloth.

251-2.jpg

Included is the rubber case protector, screwdriver, strap removal tool and rubber strap.

251-3.jpg

Strikingly beautiful

251-4.jpg

251-5.jpg

251-6.jpg

251-7.jpg

There is definitely a difference in feel of a solid 316L case and deployant buckle.

251-8.jpg

There is an innovative button located on the case by the lugs that releases the strap with the provided tool.

251-9.jpg

Caseback is ultra smooth and engraving is very crisp.

251-10.jpg

The anti-reflective coating is clear and very effective. No blue tint whatsoever. I viewed most of the collection at the store and there were no Panerai that had colored tint of any kind. I asked the salesperson and he mentioned that there were quite a few PAMs that had AR tint that ranged from blue to purplish but was quite subtle and not strong.

251-11.jpg

Can't understand why the rep crownguards don't seem to tighten well sometimes? Well, this tiny roller wheel on the lever is why.

251-12.jpg

And of course the lume shot. I must say that The Zigmeister does a fantastic job at reluming and would even rival the gens.

251lume.jpg

I hope you enjoyed my mini review :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited by Jawo

Hey A good to see you on the board again and yes that surly is one sweet watch. :wub:

Ken

Nice to see you too Ken. It's been so busy at work and now I finally have a chance to pop in once in a while :winkiss:

I picked up an IWC Aquatimer Chrono too and will post some pics tomorrow. I tried to find a Wyler but could find one :thumbdown: