When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mare Nostrum - What to wear? Updated

PeteM

I know a few guys here are keen to do a review of the new PAM 300 rep. So I thought I would post some pics of the watch with a number of different straps. The watch itself is very nice and a keeper for me however, I would say the lume is awful even for a rep, the markers and inscriptions are incorrect as has been discussed previosly, most notably the colour and thickness, the bezel teeth again as mentioned elsewhere are too big the ands colour is off in a similar way as the 253 rep ( I am not saying the 300 has the same colour hands as 253 before anyone jumps in!!) The case especially the lugs are off from the gen and the double AR it is supose to have is non existent! I could go on with a better comparison but as I said I think others seem keen to do that. Overal though I like the watch as a watch regardless of its flaws. In the cartel sales pitch it mentions working closely step by step with PAM experts all I can say is therm experts must of been very loosely defined or their input was ignored.

As I mentioned before its such a shame as I believe with a little bit more attention to detail and with simple production amendments this watch could of been very special rather than just good :thumbsupsmileyanim:

As I say I like it :)

I havent screw these all up as the double screwed lug bars would mean every chance of me losing the screws!!!

This is the rep strap the watch came with, it compliments the watch very well but just not my thing, reminds me to much of my days in camo!! It is quite stiff but would soften I believe with wear also I think the material would snag easily.

This is a Genuine Panerai Cashmere Gold strap :)

This one is a Genuine Panerai Alligator strap :)

This one is another custom strap in Dark brown again a nice contrast but just too dark for me :)

This one is a Genuine Panerai Jules Verne again it looks very nice especially once the JV has got that darker pattina :)

This one is a Carbon fibre with blue stitching, I put this one up as it has the blue stitching to bring out the blue in the hands ;)

I think whatever choice you guys make, I think the blue stitch is worth considering regardless of the strap material/colour choice. The blue really accentuates the blue hands in the dial.

BB can you do that strap with a dark blue stitching to match :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The watch looks so much better in leather than the green canvas it comes in. Thank you for posting. Some good looking shoes.

Some wristies as requested, on my favoured strap which I think looks better in person. Though I would be tempted with this or slightly darker with a blue stitch. What do you think??

Some wristies as requested, on my favoured strap which I think looks better in person. Though I would be tempted with this or slightly darker with a blue stitch. What do you think??

Let me know. I'll stitch one in blue for you and make it a bit bigger to fill the gaps.... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Heres the real cashmere :p... though I keep thinking everytime I swap the straps that I am going to lose that lug bar screw!!!

Let me know. I'll stitch one in blue for you and make it a bit bigger to fill the gaps.... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Mate as they say in Italy or Brooklyn thats an offer I cant refuse !!! :)

I must say that the strap you made and in the wristies really suits the 300 IMHO not so much in pics but on your wrist. It also looks great on the vintage and 47 PAMs. The blue though needs to be slightly darker than the one on the CF strap. The CF is nice but I think that is more to do with the blue stitching IMHO the CF doesnt seem to suit the style of the Mare which after all is a vintage look.

It was never a divers watch unlike most PAMs it was for Deck officers hence why theres no CG and the water resistance was on 30M, also the bezel was for making pencil marking when these guys were on watch. So a divers/modern type/style strap I dont go for me but hey thats just me :)

Can you post a wristie without that cashmere sweater on? :lol:

Great watch, I like your strap-choice best.....cheers

Theo

It aint cashmere mate Its angora ;):thumbsupsmileyanim:

Pm with lug size and I'll get it together for you..... Do you want it darker? Pm with instructions...

Mate as they say in Italy or Brooklyn thats an offer I cant refuse !!! :)

I must say that the strap you made and in the wristies really suits the 300 IMHO not so much in pics but on your wrist. It also looks great on the vintage and 47 PAMs. The blue though needs to be slightly darker than the one on the CF strap. The CF is nice but I think that is more to do with the blue stitching IMHO the CF doesnt seem to suit the style of the Mare which after all is a vintage look.

It was never a divers watch unlike most PAMs it was for Deck officers hence why theres no CG and the water resistance was on 30M, also the bezel was for making pencil marking when these guys were on watch. So a divers/modern type/style strap I dont go for me but hey thats just me :)

I have been asked by a few guys about the lug fixing and if its strong enough for the watch etc.

Here are some pics as you can see the main bar sits in the lug shoulder and is then screwed so the main forces are taken by the tube not the screw.

Here you go. It's neat enough, but the narrow crown neck and puffy bezel edges kill it for me.

Yeah to name but a few!!

That one looks like you might have AR? Do you mate? Mine doesnt.... although specs say it has double AR...