When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Skyland, take three

By-Tor

Guys,

I have a v3 Skyland. I'm thinking about getting a v2 just for the 1 font. Should I do it? Will miss something from the v2 that's on v3 already, which could bother me? I've read some people's postings saying that the v3 has better dial and deeper engravings on the bezel, but I don't know how much better is better. Does anybody have any side-by-side comparison pictures? Are all the v2 Skyland same quality or I should just get what BT has (graphite dial)?

Thanks!

Cougaree

p.s. I don't mind have the dial dots fixed by Zigmeister, in fact I'm going to do that anyway, so dial dot is not a big concern with me. What I'm interested are things that can't be fixed unless buying another watch.

Thanks all.

@cougaree: The dials are completely "hit and miss" regardless of the version. I've seen both v2's and v3's with broken lume dots. I wouldn't order this watch from a dealer myself (unless he posts a picture of your actual shipped watch). Wait for a member trade where you can see the dots.

I don't think v3 has any advantages over v2.

If you already have a v3 I don't think upgrading to v2 is that important. Those differences are minimal.

I know I wouldn't. But if you don't have a Skyland yet, v2 is the one to get (imho).

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

I have a v3 Skyland. I'm thinking about getting a v2 just for the 1 font. Should I do it? Will miss something from the v2 that's on v3 already, which could bother me? I've read some people's postings saying that the v3 has better dial and deeper engravings on the bezel, but I don't know how much better is better. Does anybody have any side-by-side comparison pictures? Are all the v2 Skyland same quality or I should just get what BT has (graphite dial)?

Thanks!

I thought that the v1 & v3 had the same longer pushers than gen.

Also the half guilloche on the sub-dials wasn't as well defined as on the v2.

The chrome ring on the sub dials isn't as well executed on the v1 (& poss v3) as it is on v2: sometimes slightly eccentric, rather than concentric.

V2 is definately the one to buy. ;)

btw, I once had 2 v1's and 1 v2, plus a spare v3 dial now.