When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rollie Gangbang!

burnz

those of you who know me, will know that i'm not exactly a rollie fanboy.. have always felt that rollies were too small for my wrist, not to mention i've never had a thing for bracelets. but call it age or whatever you want, i find myself looking more and more at rollies in recent times.

the DSSD, being the largest rollie ever made, definitely held a lot of appeal for me and i've contemplated for a while to get a gen, though i keep getting sidetracked by other gens along the way like IWCs and PAMs. timing was perfect when i saw that the cartel released yet another so-called ultimate version of the DSSD with the correct bezel and improved bezel, 316F steel etc etc. the works..

the steve mcqueen 1655 was never quite on my radar until after a fair amount of brainwashing (no thanks in part to Spin, coolfire and siesta181). so when the cartel boys released their 1655 rendition, i thought i'd just give it a try.

and then there is the BK/WM9 YM. growing up, i've always been fascinated by the YM ever since i saw a business associate of my dad's wear one during my youth. the way the watch bling'ed on his wrist, i always told myself i had to have one. went to the AD a few times to try on the gen, but left empty-handed each time as i always felt it looked too small on my wrist. but when a BK/WM9 YM came up recently, i decided to just pull the trigger and give it one last chance before i decide whether or not to buy the gen once and for all. and boy am i surprised! i've been wearing the YM for 3 days in a row now. which is a feat, considering i'm the sort who thinks it's wrong to wear the same watch on 2 consecutive days :whistling:

anyway, before i blabber on, some eye candy to share.

i'm not sure if all 3 are keepers, but i know at least the YM is. that is until i decide to drag my ass down to the AD and finally pull that trigger on my first gen rollie in a long long time..

DSC02060.jpg

DSC02061.jpg

DSC02045.jpg

DSC02049.jpg

DSC02050.jpg

DSC02051.jpg

DSC02052.jpg

DSC02053.jpg

DSC02054.jpg

DSC02055.jpg

DSC02056.jpg

Very nice :victory::drinks: There's definitely something about YMs, very versatile watches :) I predict the 1655 will be the first to leave :whistling: Interesting that the Cartel boys have put a movement with an independently adjustable GMT hand in it, but hey, it's increased functionality, tracking two timezones is better than one :thumbsupsmileyanim: