When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What movement is this?

wizardusa

Looks like a 28xx series for sure. In fact in the photo you can see the ETA symbol under the balance wheel. That's not to say it's genuine but for sure it is 28xx model. Now whether it's 2824 or 2836 I can't say. Nor can I confirm it's genuine. Need better pics for that.

This is the watch i purchased from Andrew (Explorer I Rep ETA version), I dropped it couple of times, and the self-winder (the half circle thing) fell, i opened it, and just simply un screwed the center screw, took a gear out, then put it back on the spinner/winder, it's held by 5 ball bearings, i realigned the gear then screwed it back on, then screwed the back on again.

but i took some photos of the movement to see exactly what it is..

anyway here are 2 more photos if it will help.

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/5929/92355832.jpg

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/819/mmspicturef.jpg

thanks

I agree it's either an eta or an eta clone! I'd guess clone, holes in the click wheels, top wheel/gear looks shiny, no printing on the rotor- 25 jewels, Swiss.

I wonder how many tiimes we buy Swiss these days and get clone!

One answer;

Dont buy swiss. Even trusted dealers don't know what the hell they are selling movement wise. Save a hassle and a penny or two, and only pay for what -most likely is- your gonna get.

I know you go long way back Alli, you know the drill, This is for our dear (noobie) readers out there.

Edited by slickdick

I'd even go as far to say learn some rudimentary watch servicing skills, like how to switch out a movement, and buy replaceable Asian. I have a couple of $15 asian movement powered Subs that are exceptionally accurate looking outside and economically servicable when the movements go...and the whole setup cost less than $125, replacement movement included.