When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Question about clasp adjustment

sishac

Hi everyone, I'm trying to adjust the clasp on a riveted bracelet, and for the life of me, I can't figure this out. Here is a photo of what I am talking about:

IMG_2167.jpg

When I remove the springbar that holds the bracelet to the claps and then move it in a few adjustment holes (on the clasp), the bracelet endlink seems to wide to fit inside the clasp because of the rivets. Any suggestions on this, or am I just being blind on something?

Thanks

Ok, I just had a look at some of my "rep" bracelets of this design, riveted.

Two possibilities.

1.) This is just a very poor quality rep bracelet, or has the wrong clasp. If this is the case you are screwed unless you want to bend and file etc. (Lets hope this is not the case.)

2.) After looking at the few of these I have, mine all taper down as you get closer to the clasp. IF YOU REMOVE A LINK - YOU MUST REMOVE LINKS FARTHEST FROM THE CLASP. The WIDER links.

So the million dollar question is: Have you or someone removed a link? If Yes, did you remove the link closest to the clasp or farthest from it?

Does this make sense? Make sure you maintain the SMALLER/THINER tapered link nearest the clasp.

If by some chance the narrower link you need is missing, you might be able to "flip-flop" with a narrower link from the other side of the bracelet.

HTH,

1.) This is just a very poor quality rep bracelet, or has the wrong clasp.

Unlike the very accurate riveted bracelets sold separately by Yuki & other parts sellers, the type of bracelet shown in the OP's post is very poorly constructed & not very accurate. Best avoided at all costs. If you cannot use 1 of Yuki's, then I would recommend switching to a different type of bracelet or strap.

Hi guys,

I'm going to go with comment #1a and 2...yes, this is definitely not a high quality rep bracelet (but I have to say it doesn't feel that flimsy, and sort of looks cool with the rivets.) There were no links removed, and they actually do taper down nicely. BUT, with the addition of the rivets the link is just a little bit too wide for the clasp. As one from Yuki will probably be more than the watch is worth (or what I paid for it at least), I'm going to simply going to GENTLY widen the clasp a bit to get it to fit. But first, I will put it on a NATO and think about it.

Thank you both for your replies!!

T