When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Who Has The Best...

Antonio

Hope y'all don't mind my starting that with "Who has the best".

Josh has a Monaco, but it has a racing stripe and uses a battery. :yuk:

I've asked him if he has any clue about one with a classic blue or black face, but perhaps someone here might also know? Automatic is obviously most desired, but movement isn't as important. It's a gift for a friend.

Are there any reps of this watch?

There have been some reps with faux chrono Asian 21J movement. Visually very nice but not that accurate.

Neil used to have really nice Monacos for sale. Check this album out and contact him.

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp...name=TAG+MONACO

Forget it. Until we start getting replica Zenith El Primero movements, this is another rep not worth having......

list of reps that would be worth having once El Primero movements get rep'd or get cheap. Not exhaustive, please feel free to add....

PO Chrono

TAG Link Calibre 36/Monza/Monaco

'vintage' Daytona

Edited by r11co

Forget it. Until we start getting replica Zenith El Primero movements, this is another rep not worth having......

list of reps that would be worth having once El Primero movements get rep'd or get cheap. Not exhaustive, please feel free to add....

PO Chrono

TAG Link Calibre 36/Monza/Monaco

'vintage' Daytona

I'd love to see a rep el primero, but like ubi said, the Monaco's movement is based on the 2894-2.

If they repped both of those movements we could have sccurate speedmasters, lots of mullers, zeniths, ebel 1911's, vintage movados, 40mm PAM chronos, and many more.

I wnder if the el primero would be easier to make if they reduced the beat to 28k...

I'd love to see a rep el primero, but like ubi said, the Monaco's movement is based on the 2894-2.

:oops:

My mistake for presuming the Monaco used the same movement as the Monza and Cal. 36. It really does tick me off though that the only armaments the majority of auto/chrono rep makers think they need are the 2824/36 and the 7750 and then they bodge and engineer inaccurate reps around these (the pseudo-GMT 2836 and the Daytonified 7750 being two cases in point).

Then they make it worse by trumpeting their use of a bastard movement as if it is some sort of selling point. :huh:

When I think of the amount of effort that has been wasted making the wrong movement fit a rep, it might have been easier for them to just get together and make the correct ones....

Am I expecting too much here?!

Edited by r11co