When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cost for a gen IWC 3717 dial?

cougaree

$300 rep donor case

$110 gen TWB alligator

$300-$600 Swiss ETA 7750 or IWC ETA 7750

$500 for gen dial, hands if you can get them

$200 for labor of double AR crystal, install movement, fit hands dials and shipping both ways

You're half way to a gen.

I guess you could recoup some cost by selling off the rep movement, dial and hands

Got mine the same price as Ubi, with gen hands. The texture of the dial, lume markers more than justifies the price.

Just to address this post from John,

$300 rep donor case - A Brand new Rep costs $240, why would a donor case be $300?

$110 gen TWB alligator - Individual choice, the rep bracelet is nice, i got my gen ostrich pilot strap for $50

$300-$600 Swiss ETA 7750 or IWC ETA 7750 - I'm selling one for $320 right now. Brand NEW from Tissot Factory

$500 for gen dial, hands if you can get them - Got mine for about $450 so that's close

$200 for labor of double AR crystal, install movement, fit hands dials and shipping both ways

Think if you wanted to build a 3717 with gen parts, you should be able to keep it <1/3 the price of a gen.

Got mine the same price as Ubi, with gen hands. The texture of the dial, lume markers more than justifies the price.

$300 rep donor case - A Brand new Rep costs $240, why would a donor case be $300?

$110 gen TWB alligator - Individual choice, the rep bracelet is nice, i got my gen ostrich pilot strap for $50

$300-$600 Swiss ETA 7750 or IWC ETA 7750 - I'm selling one for $320 right now. Brand NEW from Tissot Factory

$500 for gen dial, hands if you can get them - Got mine for about $450 so that's close

Think if you wanted to build a 3717 with gen parts, you should be able to keep it <1/3 the price of a gen.

After international shipping it's close to $300 from what I recall. The $110 gen alligator TWB is the closest in quailty and look to the IWC OEM. The rep bracelets are very inferior compared to gen. Yeah, Swiss ETAs 7750 seem to be in the 300 range and about 500 or 600 something if you get an IWC spec one from Concepta. I might be underestimating the labor a bit.

It seems gen 3717s with full box and papers go in the $3000-$3200 range in mint condition.

I have a gen 3717 but I've been thinking about picking a rep one to get DLC'd.

Hmm to me, as a owner of a gen and previous of a rep, the case detailing and finishing is the biggest difference. The rep case is not bad but doesn't have fine edges. It's probably only really apparent if you're comparing side by side but that's what stands out to me. The AR on the gen is also not the best, I've seen far better even in older IWC watches.

The hands are also pretty different in that the V3 rep hands don't seem very well made to me. There's also a slight finish on the dial that's very hard to describe, it's very finely spotty like it's been sprayed with something. The numeral printing is also finer in the gen. The main 4 markers can probably be relumed and shaped well as well as straigtened by a modder. Oh also, no glue spots by markers which is the biggest tell IMO.

• 1 month later...

Hi - everything listed below is what I want done. Can anyone provide your best recommendations on where to source each of these parts (ideally beside each part listed)? Thanks.