When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looking for the best DSSD rep.

Craig S

Hi guys,

I'm currently looking for a DSSD rep for my brother and as we all do, I'm looking for the "best/most accurate" version. Could anyone give me some suggestions? I'm not a noob, but I'm a breitling and omeage fan and I know very little about Rolies. :)

Any help/suggestions would be apprecaited. :)

I believe that one positive with the BK DSSD, it will be inspected by BK and you will be getting one that is as close to perfect that he can get. With most of the others they get watches from the manufacturer, and they ship them on to the customers.I didn't realize VAC was building DSSD's, but his would also be inspected, and probably waterproofed, lume upgraded and serviced,or at least you would have that option.

I've order a DSSD from BK. defo looks like the best option. A friend recommended him for the quality of his work.

I've got a BK DSSD and it's superb!

Lume is good, correct BK datewheel, lined up coronet with the 12 marker, correct 10 spacing.

Everything about this watch is great!

Youve made a good choice my friend.

CIMG1567.jpg

IMG_0394.jpg

IMG_0387.jpg

CIMG1588.jpg

Edited by mightynimrod

The problem with the noobfactory (bk) DSSDs is the curved-top bezel insert triangle. Yes, they fixed their |10 | but they forgot the big triangle ;)

kk - your question about color is a common one. Your computer monitor and the digital camera used to take the photos and the lights the photographer used ALL add up to change the colors of anything in the picture. You can't tell subtle color differences in a digital picture. It's not possible. So relying on a picture is not a good thing.

Also .. not many people understand this but the SS watch you get is caked in oxidation. Does SS rust? No .. not under conditions you find on the surface of the Earth but it does form a layer of black oxidation! I wiped down my clean DSSD yesterday with a polishing cloth.

Here is the cloth. -- It was clean when I started -- Both sides look this black. Wipe your watches with SS polishing clothes and be amazed at their proper white brightness.

post-22602-078028400 1281645108.jpg

Every pic of a gen I see it looks like the triangle top follows the curve of the bezel. I've seen a flat top on the triangle and you could really see a difference. I think the real problem with the Noob bezel is the tick marks are not thick enough.

Edited by z80