When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just got my Ebel 1911 Discovery

browngo1

Hi,

My 1911 arrived yesterday and even after reading the reviews about the quality of the replication, I am still amazed!

Ordered it from Joshua on the evening of 4th August and it arrived yesterday morning, 10th August.

Took 1 link out of the bracelet and it fits perfectly. No micro-adjustment on this bracelet.

I removed each of the bracelet screws and replaced them using Loctite 222.

Some of the bracelet links were a little stiff so I treated the whole bracelet with Squirt, bike chain, dry lube and now its silky smooth.

(This is a great product for this as it is odourless and leaves no greasy residue. Request a free sample at www.squirtlube.com)

Wore the 1911 most of yesterday and it appears to have lost only about one second overnight.

The only thing I found wrong with it is that although the large chrono second hand operates as it should with the pushers, the sub-dials at 12 and six don't work at all, but as the chrono isn't something I use anyway, I'm not bothered enough to request another one from Joshua. Anyway, it's possibly something which could be rectified when it gets serviced in the future.

I've taken a few quick photo's this morning and added them below, sorry they're not that good:

Ebel1911005.jpg

Ebel1911004.jpg

Ebel1911006.jpg

Ebel1911007.jpg

The A7750 movement can get screwed up if you change the time while between the hours of 10pm and 2am (on the watch) as that is the time at which the date changes automatically. If you are setting the date, just advance the time to make sure you are not between 10 and 2 and you'll be fine.

DB2

All watches with a 7750 chrono movement, be it asian or swiss, have an issue where you can mess up the movement if you try to change the date when it is set to any time between around 10pm and 2am. Francisco posted a great posting about this issue. You can find it here http://www.rwgforum.com/topic/112519-look-here-why-you-cannot-change-date-at-midnight/