When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Superocean Chrono GEN, but I want my gen....

2crueal4u

Hello dear friends!

I want to share some thoughts of mine.

I have been buying reps on forums and with our dealers for some time now!

I have pretty much owned, well all Breitling reps that are "good reps".

After some time I decided to get my first Gen watch. It was two years ago, I was 25 and just got nice job, so I purchased the Seamaster, Bond edition.

Now I had owned several reps at the time, so I thought I would be amazed by the gen watch, right? WRONG!

To be hones I was disapointed of the no different feeling in the watch/material it self.

I had my Seamaster for 2 month, then I sold it.....Maybee I didnt like the Omega?

So this summer I was on vaccation and got my self a super deal on gen Superocean chrono, White dial with blue subdials. The watch is around 2500 $ on ebay, I got it for 1600 $ from a friends father who worn the watch 3 times.....

I had not seen the watch before, but we get a deal and I went to pick it up. I was like a child again. So eagar to see my new watch....

Dont get me wrong now, the watch is really stunning, BUT there is not the difference in quality, steel etc that I think it should. I mean this is watches that new costs near 3500 $ and more...

Now, I purchased the Black Seawolf again from Josh today, as it is in stock again, and I sold mine, stupid as I was.

And to tell u the truth, I will not buy a gen again. I do have money to buy gens, but it is simply NOT worth it. Not for me anyway.

Thats ALL I wanted to share...And for those who say, you buy reps because u dont have money, or ure fake person becasu u have fake watch...well try to buy a good nice rep, and then explain why I should pay that extra $ just to know its a GEN.

ANd belive me. Everybody assume your gen is rep....

Hello dear friends!

I want to share some thoughts of mine.

I have been buying reps on forums and with our dealers for some time now!

I have pretty much owned, well all Breitling reps that are "good reps".

After some time I decided to get my first Gen watch. It was two years ago, I was 25 and just got nice job, so I purchased the Seamaster, Bond edition.

Now I had owned several reps at the time, so I thought I would be amazed by the gen watch, right? WRONG!

To be hones I was disapointed of the no different feeling in the watch/material it self.

I had my Seamaster for 2 month, then I sold it.....Maybee I didnt like the Omega?

So this summer I was on vaccation and got my self a super deal on gen Superocean chrono, White dial with blue subdials. The watch is around 2500 $ on ebay, I got it for 1600 $ from a friends father who worn the watch 3 times.....

I had not seen the watch before, but we get a deal and I went to pick it up. I was like a child again. So eagar to see my new watch....

Dont get me wrong now, the watch is really stunning, BUT there is not the difference in quality, steel etc that I think it should. I mean this is watches that new costs near 3500 $ and more...

Now, I purchased the Black Seawolf again from Josh today, as it is in stock again, and I sold mine, stupid as I was.

And to tell u the truth, I will not buy a gen again. I do have money to buy gens, but it is simply NOT worth it. Not for me anyway.

Thats ALL I wanted to share...And for those who say, you buy reps because u dont have money, or ure fake person becasu u have fake watch...well try to buy a good nice rep, and then explain why I should pay that extra $ just to know its a GEN.

ANd belive me. Everybody assume your gen is rep....

There are just some reps that can't be replicated very well.

The Superocean Chrono is one of them - i've had the gen myself and it's the one watch that i really, really, regret selling.

I had the exact same watch as you and it just oozed class - crisp chrono pushers, Pro II quality bracelet.

Im not even going to get the rep so i've got this watch again.....it just wouldn't be as good despite me really wanting it again - i'll just get a gen when im ready and funds allow.

003copy.jpg

I agree with the claim for the most part, but sometimes I will have to buy a gen. For example, I would like to have a Seawolf with high WR rating, thicker sapphire crystal and titanium body. I don't think I will get all these with the reps we have available today. Another example is Omega PO. I like to have at least one co-axial movement in my collection, and no matter how good the rep is, there is no co-axial movement inside. This is also true to the B01.

I totally agree that best reps feel 90% like the gen. But if you really love a certain watch you're willing to buy the remaining 10% for big bucks.

Sense has little to do with it. If it was all about common sense, we'd all wear Seikos.

PS: About Steelfish rep... never saw the gen SO Chrono but the standard Fish... I love it, it's a GREAT rep. But when you actually see the gen you'll notice rather big differences in the quality and finish. Especially with the dial & bracelet SELs, which are completely different on the rep.

I totally agree that best reps feel 90% like the gen. But if you really love a certain watch you're willing to buy the remaining 10% for big bucks.

Sense has little to do with it. If it was all about common sense, we'd all wear Seikos.

PS: About Steelfish rep... never saw the gen SO Chrono but the standard Fish... I love it, it's a GREAT rep. But when you actually see the gen you'll notice rather big differences in the quality and finish. Especially with the dial & bracelet SELs, which are completely different on the rep.

100% agrree with BT...and will add...some of the reps do not have the functionality of the gens...this is some thing else that has helped me make that extra leap when buying gens.