When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Forum GTG - SoCal - Sept 12th, 2010

redwatch

Hello fellow SoCal members. Ubi is coming to town and has graciously agreed to meet up for a small GTG while he is in town. We are looking at the evening of September 12th, 2010 in Anaheim.

I am thinking of making arrangements for a group of us to meet at the Hearthstone Lodge in the Grand Californian Hotel. I am open to suggestions if anyone can think of a more suitable location. Maybe somewhere in Downtown Disney?

Let me know if anyone has any thoughts and I hope to see some of you SoCal folks there!

UPDATE:

Ok guys - here's the plan:

Hearthstone Lounge - Grand Californian Hotel

1600 S Disneyland Dr

Anaheim, CA 92803

8pm

Parking is a little interesting. Because Hearthstone doesn't validate, DO NOT VALET your car!!! They will charge you $17.00/hr for parking. If you park at Downtown Disney, the hotel is about a 5 minute walk and the first 3 hours is free. After 3 hours, parking is $2.00 per 20 minutes or $6.00/hr.

However, if you want to get there early for dinner, and eat at the Napa Rose (which is supposed to be a pretty decent spot) then the Valet is free for 5 hours. If you choose to do that, and you can afford it, sit at the Chef's Counter and do the custom menu ($85 per person). For an extra $45 you can get four or five wine flights, and they are pretty generous with the pour.

The Hearthstone is a lounge, so they have plenty of drink options as well as bar appetizers. They don't have a traditional dinner menu so we won't be eating a full dinner here. They also don't take reservations, but the hotel is only at about 76% occupancy so I'm told we will probably be just fine.

I will arrive a little earlier to try and snag a section for us.

Just because I really hate feeling like an idiot when i go to a GTG, if you are looking around, and you see a rather tall portly fellow with very short grey hair and glasses, then you've probably found me :D

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Stephane. I hear Virgin Airlines is a fun way to fly! You could always fly out here! I'd be happy to come pick you up at the Airport :D

Sure, but it would be a very very very expensive GTG :black_eye:

Not sure my bank would allow me to do such a thing!

I've never been to California, and I'm almost 50 :bangin:

I'm sure I will come one day though...so maybe we will have the opportunity to meet then!

Hello fellow SoCal members. Ubi is coming to town and has graciously agreed to meet up for a small GTG while he is in town. We are looking at the evening of September 12th, 2010 in Anaheim.

I am thinking of making arrangements for a group of us to meet at the Hearthstone Lodge in the Grand Californian Hotel. I am open to suggestions if anyone can think of a more suitable location. Maybe somewhere in Downtown Disney?

Let me know if anyone has any thoughts and I hope to see some of you SoCal folks there!

Wish I could make it...S...haven't been on the forum much these days, but this would have been great!! Have fun guys!!

Thanks S! I'm looking forward to it :thumbsupsmileyanim:

UPDATE: So we are a go for Sunday, but still trying to narrow down the time with Ubi. It should be around 6 or 7ish (maybe 8). I should find out hopefully tomorrow. I'll keep you all posted. Once I have the time I will lock down the location. :D

Hey guys,

Just checking in :)

Anytime works for me! Wife and kids will likely be running around, hitting the pool, etc.; let me know what works for everyone else!

I'll likely only be bringing one watch with me; due to travel, staying in a hotel, etc. I really don't want to bring a bunch of stuff with me, so what I have on the wrist will be it. Any requests?

Ok guys - here's the plan:

Hearthstone Lounge - Grand Californian Hotel

1600 S Disneyland Dr

Anaheim, CA 92803

8pm

Parking is a little interesting. Because Hearthstone doesn't validate, DO NOT VALET your car!!! They will charge you $17.00/hr for parking. If you park at Downtown Disney, the hotel is about a 5 minute walk and the first 3 hours is free. After 3 hours, parking is $2.00 per 20 minutes or $6.00/hr.

However, if you want to get there early for dinner, and eat at the Napa Rose (which is supposed to be a pretty decent spot) then the Valet is free for 5 hours. If you choose to do that, and you can afford it, sit at the Chef's Counter and do the custom menu ($85 per person). For an extra $45 you can get four or five wine flights, and they are pretty generous with the pour.

The Hearthstone is a lounge, so they have plenty of drink options as well as bar appetizers. They don't have a traditional dinner menu so we won't be eating a full dinner here. They also don't take reservations, but the hotel is only at about 76% occupancy so I'm told we will probably be just fine.

I will arrive a little earlier to try and snag a section for us.

Just because I really hate feeling like an idiot when i go to a GTG, if you are looking around, and you see a rather tall portly fellow with very short grey hair and glasses, then you've probably found me :D