When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Blue Beauty

jmb

A while back K offered for sale his gorgeous dark blue Tudor Prince Date Chrono so I started selling everything that wasn't nailed down trying to raise the scratch for it. I was getting close and some TZ rat-bastard beat me to it! I guess Brother ChiMan "felt my pain" and offered to part with his blue dialed Franken so I was all over it - thanks again Chi! He had done all of the hard work and all I did was change bands and order a gen crown (not here yet) and I'm loving it. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I had been rat-holing parts to build another but now I don't have to so if anybody needs a new Daytona case and set of A7750 hands I have some that I probably won't be using so give me a shout.

Chi built this with a gen dial and gen movement and the stopwatch function is so much smoother than the A7750 it's almost scary! The blue is almost a dead match for my wife's motorcycle so I decided to use it as a backdrop. Enough talk so here are a few pics:

Blue 2.JPG

Blue 3.JPG

Blue 4.JPG

Blue 1.JPG

Blue 5.JPG

R, the date closeup was for your benefit. It's a bit fancier than with the naked eye...

Chi, you are so correct, the dial almost looks iridescent when the light is just right

Red, I keep them both in the same box hoping they'll get together and spawn another but so far no luck! :lol:

Mike, I'll get right on that first thing in the morning - NOT! I really like this one and the dial/hand combination is so much easier to read than my silver one!

Chi is right, though, this has to be seen in person out in the sun to really appreciated.