When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A7750 Stems

StormTooper4

A mate of mine has bust his PAM 188 Crown and stem, have yet to see it so it might not be . Now I know that the unitas 6497 stem is the same width as the stems in a eta 7753 but I have a bad feeling that they are totally different in the Asian 7750's

I have a few unitas stems but was wondering if these would work or where could i get some A7750 stems from? Thanks in advance for any advice

ST4

A mate of mine has bust his PAM 188 Crown and stem, have yet to see it so it might not be . Now I know that the unitas 6497 stem is the same width as the stems in a eta 7753 but I have a bad feeling that they are totally different in the Asian 7750's

I have a few unitas stems but was wondering if these would work or where could i get some A7750 stems from? Thanks in advance for any advice

ST4

You are mixing up lot of thing here - first, you can't use Unitas/Asian 6497/8 stems in any other movement, because part of the stem that goes into movement is completely different. Usually different movement "families" have different stems - e.g. 775x movements have one kind of stem, 289x movements other etc. Other thing about stems is thread size (or diameter of threaded part). For 775x movements (Swiss AND Asian - there is no difference) two different sizes are produced - 0,9 and 1,2. What size you need depends ONLY on crown you have/want to use. So, if your crown has 1,2 sized "hole" for stem, you need 1,2 sized stem - if your crown have 0,9 sized "hole", you need 0,9 stem :)

Just as suggestion - maybe it would be good idea to assemble one sticky post about stems and crowns, there seems to be lot of confusion about that, especially in Panerai section.

regards