When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Please Advise.... On A Sale Situation

V

Ok, we've made the changes to the heading of the Forum [Trading Zone – Members]:

Current Bullet Points~

• Try to avoid dealing with new members and/or members that you do not know.
  • If you are unsure about something, post a question in the general section/newbie section.
  • If possible, do NOT pay via Western union unless you have dealt with someone several times and feel secure doing this.
  • Use common sense and be a little bit suspicious to all new offers from unknown members.

• Please remember that we are a Global Community and take into consideration Time Zone differences when attempting to complete transactions.
    • Allowing a buyer/seller 24 hours to complete the transaction is a good guideline.
    • Please add any special requirements to your ad - Examples: Only ship to specific country, Only sell to known members, etc...

This is a free market mate. You are free to sell to whomever you wish subject to conditions set by you. If people don't like your conditions, they don't have to give you their money. So don't fret over it. Selling the watch in the most hassle-free manner to the person with whom you're most comfortable consumating a deal only makes sense. Period.

I'm not sure that we should be moderating the private sales on the board...

Seller's have the right to choose who they would prefer to do business with...

It is there item, therefore there chose...

If I were selling a Watch, and I had the choice of a US buyer verses a European one, I would go with the former for obvious reasons - Regardless of who PM'd me first or posted first...

I would also take into consideration the reputation of the individual...

No one is going to force me to commit to a transaction with a person I do not trust just because they posted "I'll take it" first...

Like I said, I think you're asking to much from the Admin team here...

justmy2centsforwhatitsworthwhichweallknowaintmuch

TT

I like richard's ide as well...i do not think necessarily think admn team needs to or should moderate moderate whatever guidlines we establish.. they should be self-regulating guildlines tp be used at the discretion of the buyer...rules of etiquette if you will but voluntary.... full disclosure at the time the sale is posted would also go along way. For instance if we established these guidelines, a seller might indicate in his post that RWG guildelines apply. If he or she wants to modify them, so be it.. just disclose how. Communication and tranparency will make for a better experience for everyone.

i missed this whole debate first time around.

anyone who has delt with me, knows i have great communication both buying and selling. (i have a blackberry so, the instant notice makes it easier)

but - i do not consider a post response or even a PM to be a done deal. The deal isn't done as far as i'm concerned untill the paypal is done. If i'm dealing with someone i know - its different. Flav and i went back and forth negotiatingn for like 2 days :) but - if i'm dealing with someone who i don't know on the board - as far as i'm concerned its just like if your in the store - its the first person to lay the cash down on the table. Frankly the seller has alot of control over that because you decide whom to send your email address too.

especially considering the nature of our business here, the private sellers should not be expected to sell to any person just because they are the first to reply. You see the type of problems that dealers run into.

as far as i'm concerned - seller reserves all rights. Now, if i agree to sell and i accept paypal payment - then thats a done deal, but prior to paypal coming in its in the best interest of all of us to retain control over our sale.

nothing personal - just business

IMHO.

Finepics - i have alot of respect for what you do on the board here. I understand how you were upset about losing a good deal - and i didn't comment in your thread, but i thought you had come out a little strong. If it were someone who held themself out as an official dealer that would be 1 thing, but in private transactions, i just think were all better off in allowing the seller to control. I wouldn't consider the seller to be abusing those rights unless they hold someone's money without replying for an unreasonable period of time - or worse - trading watches and waiting to recieve the one incoming to see if you like it before it goes back out. I have read that happening a few times before. That is something to go crazy about - that is completely dishonest.

just my opinion :)

Ok, we've made the changes to the heading of the Forum [Trading Zone – Members]:

Current Bullet Points~

• Try to avoid dealing with new members and/or members that you do not know.
  • If you are unsure about something, post a question in the general section/newbie section.
  • If possible, do NOT pay via Western union unless you have dealt with someone several times and feel secure doing this.
  • Use common sense and be a little bit suspicious to all new offers from unknown members.

• Please remember that we are a Global Community and take into consideration Time Zone differences when attempting to complete transactions.
    • Allowing a buyer/seller 24 hours to complete the transaction is a good guideline.
    • Please add any special requirements to your ad - Examples: Only ship to specific country, Only sell to known members, etc...

Thanks TuTone,..! :D

Though this is a freemarket, as some like to say, money is a sensitive issue, therefore requires

some guidelines that assure a safe and level playing field for the community.

If not, anyone that wanted to come here, throw up a few posts, a begin a rip off campaign,

then leave without a trace.

Additionally we must not forget, that we have many members who never post or participate

in our community, thus don't care how they deal with us, so will be free to play the

game posting a price, then accepting an offer, but will later take a higher offer,

throwing the original buyer to the wayside.

On the flip side, they may respond to an add, just to hold a watch while they 'decide',

and as seller turns down bonified offers, the original buyer vanishes, but then so do

the other offers as this game is mostly fueled by impulse buying.

Last, but not Least, an ugly trading forum drives people away, losing business for everyone.

What TuTone is doing is Great ! No other Mod stepped up to the plate for us to this point..

so I applaud his work for US ! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Now that these guidelines are chisled in stone.. Game Players,.. Be Warned,

the Dogs are loose....

Missed the debate the first time around, but I had a similar situation come up with a watch I had listed. It actually got to the point that I had offered the second person in line a chance since it had been several days without response from the first, and literally seconds after sending the PM to the second person in line, the first person came through. I felt like a jerk having to go to the second person and backpedal. Personally, I like the guidelines because I think it would have helped me handle the situation better. As it stands, there's a fellow RWGer out there that I made a deal with and then pulled out, because I promised someone else first chance. I sincerely apologize for that.

Thanks for the effort in establishing some community guidelines TT and for everyone weighing in on an important topic.

Climb on.

What TuTone is doing is Great ! No other Mod stepped up to the plate for us to this point..

so I applaud his work for US ! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Richard,

Would just like to point out that this, like all decisions made from Admin, was a collective one. ( This is why it sometimes appears we are a little slow to act, we all have input, and there are time zones to consider) In fact on this one, it was yours truly who took it to the table, TT offered his input, as did the majority of our team, and we all agreed on a resolution which Thomas posted.

Your team is always happy to be of service. :D

Note - there is no"I" in "team".

Offshore

Richard,

Would just like to point out that this, like all decisions made from Admin, was a collective one. ( This is why it sometimes appears we are a little slow to act, we all have input, and there are time zones to consider) In fact on this one, it was yours truly who took it to the table, TT offered his input, as did the majority of our team, and we all agreed on a resolution which Admin posted.

Your team is always happy to be of service. :D

Note - there is no"I" in "team".

Offshore

Kudos to you as well Offshore, and to the rest of the Team... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

This is going to make for a much more civil trading forum... ^_^

• 3 weeks later...
This is a free market mate.

Hmm ... I've been deliberating this, and I reckon it's not a free market. When you're dealing in counterfeit goods, you can hardly call it free.

This on top of the fact that there are no working free markets in the world kinda makes me believe the whole "It's a free market" statement is a myth.