When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

From reps to gen's. Still crazy about watches

thedoctor

I haven't been here for a while but it's where I got my start. When I started my medical practice, I wasn't making too much, so I started collecting good reps, just like everyone here. My wife thought I was crazy for spending so much money. I have 4 pam's, including a rare ETA 2983 tuxedo dial, a modded red sub from that super secret guy from years ago, I don't remember his name, as well as Patek, AP, and Frank Muller (with an ETA 2892 engraved rotor). Suffice to say, I liked ones that were pretty much perfect with ETA movements only. Well, I'm still watch crazy, but now I'm making a lot more money. I started with a platinum Yachtmaster. A year later, I was on a cruise in the Caribbean, and made the ultimate impulse buy, the ceramic/steel classic Hublot Big Bang. It's my daily watch now. A year later, on the same cruise, I bought a Pam 111. A couple months later, back in February, I was in CD Peacock Jewelers. I had purchased some jewelry pieces over the years from on the sales people. She noticed my Panerai, and we started talking about watches. Sort of as a joke, I mentioned stainless Daytona's and "the list". I had a friend that they called off the list for a Daytona from a place in Vegas. He was on the list for 5 years. She put me on the list. Out of the blue, 2 weeks ago, she called me. The had a white stainless Daytona. I didn't even really want one anymore because I love my Hublot and big watches, but I know that Daytona's sell for $12,000 on Ebay, and I was getting this for list. So now I own the holy grail watch. I don't know where I go from here. I might actually be done. I have this forum to thank for educating me and making me SICK. I'll post some pics of the collection when I have a chance.

You're never done!! I've been "DONE" a hundred times, sometimes only for a few days. Nice thing about high quality Gens, if you keep them in nice condition and save every scrap of paper,boxes, etc. that come with them, they may not really appreciate that much, but you aren't going to lose your shirt should you decide to sell or trade one occasionally.

It's an addiction and it's not easy to break free from, trust me! Just when you think your done and you'll enjoy what you have...ooooh that's a nice looking PAM, your back to modding it and 1k later, you're in the same spot. But it's a lot of fun, regardless of switching to Mac & Cheese for dinner :D

Welcome back! :thumbsupsmileyanim: