When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP Bands conversion kit or ?

PowerShot

Good evening everybody!

I've just got this AP from jackob (who I would like to thanks for the great deal)

dsc3126ak.jpg

Included in the sale I've got 3 extra straps (1 rubber and one black & one brown leather)

My questions is regarding the end links.

rooconversionkit3.jpg

Which one to get?

The AP Bands conversion kit at 178$

or

A strap for a trusted dealer at 98$ (coming with the endlinks)

endlinks.png

If I was listening myself I would go for Josh strap because with a price less you got a strap + endlinks.

But would love to hear advice from people who own one or the other. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Best regards.

PS

Good evening everybody!

I've just got this AP from jackob (who I would like to thanks for the great deal)

dsc3126ak.jpg

Included in the sale I've got 3 extra straps (1 rubber and one black & one brown leather)

My questions is regarding the end links.

rooconversionkit3.jpg

Which one to get?

The AP Bands conversion kit at 178$

or

A strap for a trusted dealer at 98$ (coming with the endlinks)

endlinks.png

If I was listening myself I would go for Josh strap because with a price less you got a strap + endlinks.

But would love to hear advice from people who own one or the other. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Best regards.

PS

hi i would go with the rep strap, this conversion endlinks would fit any apbands and oem strap!

If the picture shows the watch you got, than you will have a problem with the dealers strap-set....it will not fit!!!

You bought an MBW sec@9 and the shape and fit of these models is a tiny bit different to the sec@12.

You should find someone selling you a strap-conversion for the MBW.....

Theo

P.S.: you can ask me for the conversion kit, I have a spare MBW endlinks-kit that will work.

MBW has been the only factory doing sec@9 (in that quality your pic shows....look at the lovely space between the date and the rehaut, way better than sec@12)...the movement is much more reliable, the fit and finish of their ROO´s is amazingly excellent....but the parts from sec@12 models are not interchangable.

I had 8 MBW ROO´s some time back....and I still have some of them (and would never sell them!) so I have some spare parts that became rare like hens teeth today.

Cheers, Theo

ups, dont see that this one the sec@9 is :huh:

On a photo it is not obvious as MBW has the same dial lay-out as the sec @12.

In my book that is the greatest negative with sec @ 9. I hate incorrectly functioning dials. What they should have done is to change the dial lay-out so it was clear that the dial @ 9 is the seconds.

In that way the watch would be fully plausible, if incorrect. Practically no one would know the difference.

Now it really looks fake. Any untrained eye can tell that the secs are running on the wrong dial.

I have one and wear it with the chrono running. In that way the small second is much less noticeable. And the above rant aside it is a nice watch.

Edited by mbjoer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi ALL

I am new to this Forum and learning all about aftermarket conversions. BUT I have a query and am sorry if it is detracting from the thread topic.

I have the RO Chrono (NON Offshore) and wanting to convert the bracelet to strap. I am however befuddled by the myriad of acronyms on this thread. If anyone can advise me, what are the options available for such a conversion?

Also, would Powershot's rubberstrap seller in his post be able to fit my watch?

BTW I am looking for an affordable alternative to the AP Original or AP Band offerings.

Thanks for any help you can provide!