When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Modded DSN PAM 25D

sander

Finally after 17 day's I received my DSN 25D. I know we have some problems here with the post but 17 days seem way too long. Anyway it's here.

Some other members already wrote some reviews about it so there is no need for me to write one.

Although it's a great watch straight out of the box, I thought it needed some modding. (you know me :lol: )

The mods I did:

Replaced the movement for a serviced one

Installed a new cannon pinion (see here: http://www.rwgforum....-7750-movement/ )

Installed a Lello datewheel

Installed a crystal from a pam 199 ultimate and removed the AR

Installed a gen rubber strap

Installed a gen deployment.

Mods to do:

Replacing crown for T48 (it's on the way)

Replace the glossy paint on the bezel for matt paint

Some extra finishing on the CG.

Looks pretty good I must say.

The date nice in the middle of the cyclops and the new pinion is really a great improvement.

Sorry for the poor pics but with this shitty weather it's the best I can do.

post-9210-042702700 1284479467.jpg

post-9210-058073600 1284479477.jpg

post-9210-054578600 1284479485.jpg

post-9210-088887700 1284479492.jpg

That'll look really nice once you install the T-48, but I think you should try to source a cartel or TB ti CG altogether as the DSN one is too thin on the underside side of the lever, making the over all CG housng too thin in general.

Edited by eddiemonster

This should have a Pre-G Ti CG....that no one makes....DSN is the only one that make a decent Ti CG right now......DSN's other Ti CG is too thick and would not look correct for the "D"

Toro tried, but did not make it because apparently he could not get the Ti color correct, and the Cartel Ti CGs are not really good.

Unless you want to hold out for a GEN Ti Pre-G Cg to come along....but were talking big bucks and long wait time.

what are you getting a new spring-loaded T-48 Ti crown

That'll look really nice once you install the T-48, but I think you should try to source a cartel or TB ti CG altogether as the DSN one is too thin on the underside side of the lever, making the over all CG housng too thin in general.

I'm sorry but I'm not really a PAM guy. Who or what is TB?

@ w0lf: Like always I removed the AR on a buffing machine. Quick and easy!

That's great! Love the CP mod!!

I have the same mods on my 25A (minus the CP), but I have a question about your gen rubber. Does the strap move freely, or because of the short lugs, does your strap stay snug against the case?

You really should have the CP mod done. it's a huge difference!

The strap is a tight fit but no problem. they do not move freely when you hold the case but you can move them with some light pressure.

You really should have the CP mod done. it's a huge difference!

The strap is a tight fit but no problem. they do not move freely when you hold the case but you can move them with some light pressure.

That is WAY beyond my skill level. Who can do this type of work? Are you offering this service?

Very nice, but I though the 25D had the 7mm cyclops?

The gen has a 6mm cyclops and the first batch of DSN's came with a 7mm cyclops.

I replaced the crystal for an ultimate 199 cartel crystal.

Now DSN is also selling them with a 6 mm cyclops.

@ jasonw999: I removed all AR. Also the DSN crystal doesn't have any AR.

@ im2: while I had to wait pretty long for the post to arrive, I serviced an other A7750 and installed the new cannon pinion and Lello datewheel. So when the watched arrived I just swapped the movements. A 10 minute job. I didn't replace it for a Swiss one because I really don't see the need to do that. As long as it's serviced right, it's just as reliable as the Swiss one.