When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franken S/A....Beautiful work by our very own...

blackbard

As many of you remember, I was contemplating building a great Franken B'ling. :g: I had an S/A bought from P8b some time ago and decided to give it a whirl.

I had a spare watch with gen 7750 lying 'round so I sent both watches to BikeMike for his craftsmanship. Result is stunning to say the least! I believe the donor S/A is a version II but not sure. I paired it with a Blackbard coach strap done some time ago for myself and I think the pairing is absolutely perfect! Better in person....

Great Kudos goes to Mike for great attention to detail and work! :drinks:

Now on to some crappy pics....And yes, the bezel is slightly dirty...My fault not Mikes!:

post-11711-030433700 1284644093.jpg

post-11711-074879100 1284644102.jpg

post-11711-049001800 1284644111.jpg

post-11711-061173800 1284644134.jpg

post-11711-047825800 1284644128.jpg

post-11711-062110200 1284644119.jpg

Great work!

The SA is going to be my next watch, when the Mrs lets me buy another one :black_eye:

The franken SA's are awesome, especially love the Gen dial.

How did you go about getting it waterproof? I have done it myself but with non chronos (seal He valves and grease crown and caseback)

But How do you go about doing it with chrono pushers? Do they have their own little gaskets? Especially the non screwdown types on the SA. I haven't opened my skyland so I dont know, but when I opened my Bently 6.75 it looked like the was a simple rod with no gaskets or anything.

Great work!

The SA is going to be my next watch, when the Mrs lets me buy another one :black_eye:

The franken SA's are awesome, especially love the Gen dial.

How did you go about getting it waterproof? I have done it myself but with non chronos (seal He valves and grease crown and caseback)

But How do you go about doing it with chrono pushers? Do they have their own little gaskets? Especially the non screwdown types on the SA. I haven't opened my skyland so I dont know, but when I opened my Bently 6.75 it looked like the was a simple rod with no gaskets or anything.

I have not opened this one, but others have gaskets on the pushers. Mike has intimate knowledge of this one...

Thanks! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Well as far as Im concerned you have a gen SA :thumbsupsmileyanim: now go clean your watch :p

Yes sir! Done Sir! :victory:

I have not opened this one, but others have gaskets on the pushers. Mike has intimate knowledge of this one...

Yep, gakets around the pushers. The only gasket I touched was the Crown tube and case backet with some gasket grease. Ran it in a Sigma tester from -0.5ATM to 10ATM and she passed without issue. :thumbsupsmileyanim: