When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Deal gone wrong

Guest jsuperman17

The normal procedure if you want the admin team's help is to contact them with the details (sales ad, member information, details about the deal, a summary of your communication with the seller). With that kind of information they will be able to advise better.

You have 45 days to file a dispute. If it's clear the item has not been shipped to your confirmed address the burden of proof will be on the seller. PP will probably reverse the transaction.

If you funded the PP transaction with your credit card you can file a dispute with them as well.

Dispute should be your last resort though. Let the admin team intervene for now. If the seller doesn't respond to the admins, then think about a dispute.

I had pretty much told you what Tx did over at RG about this. Contact the admin team, give them time to try and find a solution with the seller for this. Sometimes people have unpredicted stuff happen to them (death in the family, etc etc) and they are not able to ship when they intended to or they can't make it to the PO or something like that. You have plenty of time to file a dispute too. I'd give the admins at least a couple of weeks to try and sort this out with the seller, if they fail to get a reply go ahead and dispute it. TX gave you pretty good advice on how to go about it with PP.

Again, Good Luck.

RR

You guys can be pretty hard on a guy that's worried about losing a sizable amount of money. The seller here has 7 posts of which I believe all are in his two sales threads. Currently he has a %410 Pam also for sale. Admin ought to be all over this before someone buys this guys other watch and ends up screwed for $410.

I will chime in from the "staff" side and say that we are reaching out to the seller as well as we always do when notified of these issues. Hopefully he will be responsive and this can be put to bed in a friendly way. Otherwise this will have to be resolved through the typical PP/CC approach and folks have given good advice in this thread as to how to move forward in those circumstances.

Guest jsuperman17

Watchmeister has been great... There was a post by texas before for a gen superocean.. We decided to do a trade and cash.. I told him I'd pay him and he sends the watch so I can validate if its a gen.. Then I send him the skyland once I confirm the legitimacy of the watch.. He agreed.. Thank goodness didn't send my perfect lume dots skyland!!!

what am I missing here? The member selling the 164 sold a REP B01 to a different member. jsuperman17 is stating he bought a gen Superocean. How are you connecting the 2?

I just happen to know who the seller is. I'll leave it up to jsuperman17 as to whether he wants to out the guy. I will say that I also know the seller has not been at all responsive to pm's or e-mails for over a week.

Contact Ken about this. I was going to trade him my Bk/WM9 for the SO and never got a tracking number from texas. I got lucky. My wife was mailing my watch for me and the PO closed before she got there. She saved me a grand.

I am up to speed. Rather than setting the seller's latest offering invisible and letting someone else go through a similar experience I have edited the offering to warn folks who go to that thread. Obviously, we hope the seller will resolve his issue with Jsuperman but until then we are warning new folks away from the seller's latest offering until this is resolved.