When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this 112 gen or rep?

metaljesus

if it's a replica it's very well made. The caseback has the correct series information (although I don't think the 6568 caseset was used for the E series but it can be a replacement), the movement seems gen (a little hard to tell 100% by the pics), the bezel notch at 11. However a few things bother me: the crown, the fact no picture shows the CG lever and the overall poor quality of all pictures.

What's the story? does it come with papers? Any chance for a lume shot, profile shot of the CG and a frontal shot of the movement?

for me is fake, look the serial number :thumbdown:

what about it?

Looks gen. Movement, dial, caseback, crown.

If we could see the CG and case profile shown a little better, we'd probably confirm they're OK too.

As txcollector said above, the serial is good for E-series base historic Pam.

OP6568 case designation is correct for this model.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm trying to get more (and better) photos from the seller. I've asked if hed be happy to meet me in an AD and hes taking a while to reply to that one, so may have to give this one a miss.

I'll let you know where I've found this guy when Im 100% sure I dont want to buy it, otherwise i might lose it to another RWG user ;)

For what its worth I agree, its gen. Well certainly the movement, the case, crystal and dial, crown.

As for going to AD unless its a PAM boutique (even then??) I would not trust a dealer to recognise a good PAM rep mate or even a gen one!!. Your best source is here or risti with better pics. Assuming the guy has papers and you have serial match you can email Richemont direct to confirm. I have done so in the past. Its not a 100% but they will confirm Millesimation etc. I have a email address for CS direct if you want it.

The face to face is best as what the guy offers might not be what you get and as suggested above the seller is the most important part of your decision, any doubt then DONT!! ;) Plus if you do face to face then cash always attracts a better discount!! ;)

Thanks guys, yes the whole trusting the AD thing did occur to me.

I tried to tell a guy on ebay a while back he was selling a fake BR01-92 (or something like that). He genuinely appeared to think it was real, and that was because he'd had an AD 'verify' it. AD hadnt even removed the caseback.

The request was more to see how he'd respond. Going down to meet him face-to-face would add an extra

I tried to tell a guy on ebay a while back he was selling a fake BR01-92 (or something like that). He genuinely appeared to think it was real, and that was because he'd had an AD 'verify' it. AD hadnt even removed the caseback.

The request was more to see how he'd respond. Going down to meet him face-to-face would add an extra £100 or so to the cost. Still, might be money worth spending.

Where is he then?

I could get to Spain for that ;) But I wouldnt come back....well not for a while!!

It's Gen

1. The back of CG pin there's no rep processed that's good

2. Some angle you see the dial is curved because gen crystal's AR, if rep any angle you see the dial is flat

3. Case back the "PANERAI" engraved on bridge there's no rep processed that's good

4. Why did seller waste lot of time to make a cheap but 100% perfect rep almost like gen PAM to cheat you

Agree with all of the comments... it's 100% gen. But only buy IF you can see it in-person or have someone you trust look at it. If you do not know the person and they can't give you references of someone you know... then pass. There are plenty of used PAM's out there. Patience is almost always rewarded.

The request was more to see how he'd respond. Going down to meet him face-to-face would add an extra