When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Heuer Link Chrono Is A Remarkable Replica

crystalcranium

I wore my Tag Link Chrono to an AD Sunday, confessed it's replica status, and had 4 salespersons, including the owner in dropped jawed awe when we put it down, side by side, with a genuine. I think we all debate the "absolute" status of certain replicas and usually a top grade replica has a flaw that belies its' status in a side by side, but this Tag is nothing short of remarkable. The weight, quality of the bracelet, dial reproduction, subdial size and position, are all so spot on, that the only way to tell the difference would be with a magnifying loop. Under magnification, very small differences in the dial details and a few flecks of dust under the crystal were the only way to differentiate the two and I'm not sure, if we put two genuines side by side, if we wouldnt notice similar magnified differences. Even my Bentley GT, another remarkable rep, could not stand up under this comparison. There was serious, voiced concern on the part of these dealers that the potential for scamming with this replica was a very real danger and that opening casebacks would be the only way to sniff this one out.

Any ideas on how the replica dudes got this one so right on the first try????

This is the very reason I got this replica.. According to the reviews that several (excellent) members have posted here, the dimensions differs within sub-millimeters. Other differences are minimal.

Oh, get that Original Valjoux 7750 with the TAG HEUER insignia from www.ofrei.com and there will be almost no difference :)

Edited by watchlover321

This is the very reason I got this replica.. According to the reviews that several (excellent) members have posted here, the dimensions differs within sub-millimeters. Other differences are minimal.

Oh, get that Original Valjoux 7750 with the TAG HEUER insignia from www.ofrei.com and there will be almost no difference :)

Hmmmmm...so for a total of $600 invested in the watch, i could sell it on ebay for.......

No No No ...I can't do that...I can't do that......

I have no idea how they got it so perfect, but I must say, it takes balls to take a rep into a AD for comparision!

Not with these reps. Yes, several years ago, fake chronos, LV Subs with lug holes in the case, moonwatch replicas with permanantly ticking stopwatch second hands and day of the week subdials etc.. would have been spotted from the entry door at an AD but the selected replicas I have indulged in give just about every one hell of a challenge to identify. I have had no problem handing my GT over the counter for inspection and my Speedmaster Broad Arrow was pointed out to another customer by a sales rep saying "That gentleman over there has on the Broad Arrow on you were asking about". I love to take these high end replicas into the lion's den and emerge unscathed. The one rep I never try to pass off is my SS Submariner. Everyone just assumes it's a fake!!!

Not with these reps. Yes, several years ago, fake chronos, LV Subs with lug holes in the case, moonwatch replicas with permanantly ticking stopwatch second hands and day of the week subdials etc.. would have been spotted from the entry door at an AD but the selected replicas I have indulged in give just about every one hell of a challenge to identify. I have had no problem handing my GT over the counter for inspection and my Speedmaster Broad Arrow was pointed out to another customer by a sales rep saying "That gentleman over there has on the Broad Arrow on you were asking about". I love to take these high end replicas into the lion's den and emerge unscathed. The one rep I never try to pass off is my SS Submariner. Everyone just assumes it's a fake!!!

Still, you've got balls. Maybe I should try it myself, I own a Tag Link Chrono... but I will not tell him it's fake!

Story to be continued...