When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

thoughts on this 5513 dial

highoeyazmuhudee

Reminds of a MBW dial, but with the I-beam 3-6-9 markers. Personally, I am not as big of a fan of the R O LEX spacing. Although this was common from 1.5mil serial number in 1966 off and on until about 1973. Given the meters first, this would most likely be late 60's.

The "Swiss - T <25" however is not correct font/spacing to match with the meters first.

Check out the dial archive on VRF: http://www.network54.com/Forum/539572/

Below is my UBI 5513 (with the I-Beams that make Freddy333 wince ;-) ) but this to me is more representative of a 1974->1977 model. Note the ROLEX tightness, and Swiss marking at bottom. (IIRC this is NDT and not perfect either, but works). [edit to add: the dial you posted above the SWISS T25 at the bottom screams BOO]

86p1000701.jpg

Not the best meters first I've seen, but for a reproduction/repaint/aftermarket/non-genuine it's not terrible either compared to some of the others out there. There are aspects to the dial you posted that are not quite as precise or accurate; font type/spacing for this era of dial being one, marker shape/size, coronet, etc. It's a dial that will be identified rather easily by folks that know their 5513s (in my opinion). To the majority of others out there that aren't familiar with the minutiae of such things, it probably won't matter.

I've seen some plain meters first genuine matte dials selling for pretty low; some have minor scuffs and the outer edge of the chapter worn off from installation, but overall usable. That might be a good option for a keeper piece?

Not the best meters first I've seen, but for a reproduction/repaint/aftermarket/non-genuine it's not terrible either compared to some of the others out there. There are aspects to the dial you posted that are not quite as precise or accurate; font type/spacing for this era of dial being one, marker shape/size, coronet, etc. It's a dial that will be identified rather easily by folks that know their 5513s (in my opinion). To the majority of others out there that aren't familiar with the minutiae of such things, it probably won't matter.

I've seen some plain meters first genuine matte dials selling for pretty low; some have minor scuffs and the outer edge of the chapter worn off from installation, but overall usable. That might be a good option for a keeper piece?

thanks for the insight

what IS the best aftermarket/refurb/repro dial you've seen Ubi?