When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Asian 7750 Hand Sizes.

RWG Technical

Very great info Rob! Thanks!

So in fact exchanging an ICW GST movement for Swiss is not possible without getting new hands, right?

For what I understand, any "new" Asian 7750 swap would be impossible without getting new hands.

Edited by vric

For what I understand, any "new" Asian 7750 swap would be impossible without getting new hands.

From what I understand, you can take the cogs with the hands from the Asian to the Swiss. :D

There have been so many direct 7750 swaps that I'd be surprised if it were impossible.

From what I understand, you can take the cogs with the hands from the Asian to the Swiss. :D

There have been so many direct 7750 swaps that I'd be surprised if it were impossible.

That is possible, not sure if they all fit, some didnt' some did...depends on the model and the gear...cant' remember which ones did and did not...

RG

Didn't Kruzer00 get an ETA 7750 in his IWC GST Chrono by Ziggy? What was done ?

Nothing but a straight swap, dial and hands swapped over to the new movement, done deal...

RG

RG

Nothing but a straight swap, dial and hands swapped over to the new movement, done deal...

RG

in order for the small seconds hand to fit was it broached?

thanks,

j

BUMP for the Daytona sizes posted and info updated.

No broaching required, the ETA and the OLD Asian are identical, see the opening post...

RG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm not quite sure why The Zigmeister keeps editing posts and removing information after its been posted. Anyway I kept a copy so here it is. (original text by The Zigmeisterzumba)

Genuine ETA 7750 all variants (all)

Hour 2.00mm

Minute 1.20mm

Center Seconds 0.25mm

Subdials 0.17mm

Old Asian 7750 version all variants(21,600 BPH)

Hour 2.00mm

Minute 1.20mm

Center Seconds 0.25mm

Subdials 0.17mm

New Asian 7750 (28,800 BPH) Normal ones - NOT the Daytona model (don't have one to measure)

Hour 2.00mm

Minute 1.20mm

Center Seconds 0.20mm

Subdial 0.20mm

Also note on the New 7750, the center seconds post, is below the top of the minute hand tube. On all other versions of the 7750, the center seconds post is about 1mm above the minute hand tube, not below it. Therefore the center seconds hand on the new 7750's, has an extra long tube on it, to make up this height difference. So not only is the hand smaller in diameter, it's longer as well...