When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

4813 date wheel swap to ETA 2836

PeteM

Would anybody be kind enough , if they know, if I would be able to swap a DW off a 4813 onto an ETA 2386?

I have a rep B&R 03-01 running a 4813 movement. I really want to swap an ETA 2836 into it but wanted to know if I could swap the DWs over or rather off the 4813. The 2836 DW I have is a black over white whereas the 4813 has a white over black which is more correct for the model.

I would rather not want to start taking it apart unless I am prepared.

If not would I have an alternative movement to the 4813 to give me a less jerky movement to the secs hand similar to the 2836?

Any advice would be appreciated or a suitable link, Thank you :)

I can not say for certain, Pete, but the 2813 and 4813 are based on the Japanese Miyota series, not the Swiss ETA series .. so my semi-educated guess would be "no" ... I could be wrong.

Thanks mate :D

Looking on the cousins web site I think I am better off using a ETA 2892and put my 2836 to another use

You can transfer the date wheel overlay (if there is one)... that's about the only thing you can transfer as everything else is different between those movements e.g. dial feet, hand sizes, stem, etc. Forget the transplant!

Thanks

What? Full stop?

Unfortunatly, the hand sizes and dial feet ar different, so to swap a 4813 for an ets you will need new hansa and use dial dots to secure the dial, if the rep is using an date overlay then that is about the only part that is transferable

Thanks guys :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I will stick with what I have got. I will swap the ETA 2836 I have into another watch I have running the Asian 2836. And will start again with a rep B&R running a 2892 and put the other ETA in that.

Thanks again

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Wise decision! Good luck.

Only because of you guys :thumbsupsmileyanim: The closest I get to wise without help has an Ass after it !!! ;)

As always Thank you:thumbsupsmileyanim: