When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hb gummy straps

billsanity

Hey guys, anyone know if they have started to try to replicate hb's new gummy strap yet. I was at a boutique in San Diego and put on the Earl gray and it has a very unique feel to it. Seems like it may be hard to do and get the feel right.

Also, it would be a real bummer if hb continues in this direction and the factories were unable to put out even a decent rep of the gummy.

I dont think there is a hope of decent rep version especially the way the leather sits in the rubber after all they cant even do a standard alli or croc strap.

I do love those straps though :thumbsupsmileyanim:

• 2 weeks later...

I had a sample made with croc leather stitched over the rubber strap, looked nice but didn't worked because the strap wont fit anymore in the case and clasp because it's to thick. And the leather peals of easily because on the oem rubber the croc leather is lowered in the rubber strap, if the factory can make a rep rubber strap where the middle is lower than the edges it would be easy and very cheap to make the straps with genuine croc leather.

I got a couple of Veyron straps....but had trouble installing them due to the size issue.

Jacob is making these straps now....another member got the gummy croc strap from him and it fit just like the rubber strap...no issues. I have ordered one from him as well....takes about 3-4 weeks to make....so should be with me sometime early next month. Will report my findings here.

I got a couple of Veyron straps....but had trouble installing them due to the size issue.

Jacob is making these straps now....another member got the gummy croc strap from him and it fit just like the rubber strap...no issues. I have ordered one from him as well....takes about 3-4 weeks to make....so should be with me sometime early next month. Will report my findings here.

So who is this member and more importantly does he have pics :clapping:

Went to jacobstraps.com and only found this strap...

I think everyone wants to see an actual aftermarket Gummy strap :whistling:

You asked who he was.... now you know!!...

but as he has only just started making these, do you not think its worth making the effort to contact him before you give up or start getting sarky !!

You asked who he was.... now you know!!...

but as he has only just started making these, do you not think its worth making the effort to contact him before you give up or start getting sarky !!

I'm not one to get all annoyed about the way people talk behind there computers to people.

But firstly I wasn't even talking to you in the first place, so why all of a sudden your knickers are in a twist I don't know.

Second, the person I was talking to stated that "another member got the gummy croc strap from him and it fit just like the rubber strap". This was who I was reffering to as to who is he and does he have pics. If I wanted to know who Jacob was I would've asked...

I really suggest that you read and digest what people are actually saying, before you jump the gun and start flaming people you don't even know...

I'm not expecting an apology, but think before you type...

I'm not one to get all annoyed about the way people talk behind there computers to people.

But firstly I wasn't even talking to you in the first place, so why all of a sudden your knickers are in a twist I don't know.

Second, the person I was talking to stated that "another member got the gummy croc strap from him and it fit just like the rubber strap". This was who I was reffering to as to who is he and does he have pics. If I wanted to know who Jacob was I would've asked...

I really suggest that you read and digest what people are actually saying, before you jump the gun and start flaming people you don't even know...

I'm not expecting an apology, but think before you type...

You wont be getting one either ...

And theres only one thing I am thinking in response to that....

The straps from Jacob are full leather. He doesn't make a gummy croc.

I started a project to get custom gummy bands made, but the rep band I sent for size duplication has gone AWOL. I'm now looking for someone to sell me a cheap rubber rep to get this project back on track.

I spoke to Jacob direct...he can make Gummy strap in whatever finish you want but you need to send him your HB strap and he mods this with overcoat leather etc.

I have ordered and sent him a spare rubber HB strap .....

I also have a BB HB Alligator from Jacob for my RG from Dutchy but I got one made for my HB BB King by Dangerous (John) This is aslideshow of John making it.... Great guy andmuch cheaper than most )))

th_DSC02982.jpg

i would be real interested in checking out the strap that jacob can make. Has anyone else checked out the gen yet? The strap has a real unique feel to it. Almost as if the rubber is softer then normal?? I would like to get the mexico edition of it myself and maybe the earl gray.

Yeah I know what you mean... I think its like that Rubber skin stuff that I saw the other day from Orloff. Or maybe its that Tech rubber material

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, this doesn't help the HBB strap search, but APbands seems to have mimicked the HBB "gummy" finish, maybe exactly. I don't know if Jacob can get his hands on this type of treated hide yet, or maybe he already has it.

"This beautiful strap is manufactured from the finest Louisiana Alligator hide which has undergone a weathering and treatment process that leaves it with a Gummy Matt Finish. The feel is of a rubberized alligator but this is 100% genuine alligator."

Product page

Fintura_Opaca_ROO_BLK4.jpg

Edited by alanytical

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...