When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Possibly a mailing disaster! The USPSis giving me angina!

crystalcranium

Had a great transaction with Drulee about 10 days ago. He bought my Longines Master Chronograph and paid for it promptly. I sent it to Canada from my local post office in Springfirld, Pennsylvania with the customs declaration on October 5th. The customs tracking is LC570051396US.

I tracked it today through USPS.com only to find something bizarre under the tracking.

Detailed Results:

Processed through Sort Facility, October 07, 2010, 1:38 pm, JAMAICA, NY 11430

Processed through Sort Facility, September 14, 2010, 8:11 pm, SAN DIEGO, CA 92186

Acceptance, September 14, 2010, 12:11 pm, BONSALL, CA 92003

How can something mailed on October 5th in PA show up as being mailed from Bonsall, CA on September 14th?. My only hope is that this is an electronic error and not a mailing error. I have never had a problem like this. I hope it shows up at the addresse eventually. Drulee, if you're out there, send me a PM and let me know if you got the watch. What a bummer. Has anyone else had a similar experience and what was the result?

Tracking numbers (especially customs) get reused. It could be that this is not your package (at least the 9/14 part that originated in CA). It looks like the package left the US on 10/7 through Jamaica, NY, which would be correct. I bet it shows up in Canada over the next couple of days.

Marty

Don't worry. I've had that happen twice in the past couple of months. I use packagetrakr? To track my packages. Both times they were packages that were sent from the east coast to my home address in MS. in both cases, about the second day, they showed as being in California. One even showed as delivered! I was also having palpatations until the package showed up in my mailbox the next day. Second one arrived 2 days after showiing a trip across the USA to CA instead of MS.By and large USPS package tracking sucks.